Job Title Department Secretary Posting Number S903P Classification Title
Performs a variety of office support and/or clerical duties for the Department of History and Government, such as composing and word processing a variety of standard documents and correspondence, relaying, and resolving routine telephone and/or walk-up inquiries, scheduling calendar items, and meetings, processing forms, performing data entry, and establishing and maintaining records.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Reports to Department of History and Government Department Chair and manages the department office.
2. Serves as receptionist for the Department, greeting visitors to the office and providing information and materials as needed.
3. Assists in meeting the various students’ needs.
4. Assists Professors with room reservation requests.
5. Store’s student records (attendance and grades), maintaining confidentiality of records.
6. Processes and distributes incoming mail for the Department.
7. Composes and types of routine correspondence.
8. Organizes and maintains file system and files correspondence and other records.
9. Assists Professors with syllabi and textbook requisitions.
10. Answers and screens Department’s telephone calls.
11. Coordinates and arranges meetings, prepares agendas, reserves and prepares facilities, and records.
12. Assists Department Chair with course schedule preparations and submissions.
13. Makes copies of correspondence or other printed materials.
14. Prepares outgoing mail and correspondence, including e-mail and faxes.
15. Orders and maintains supplies and arranges for equipment maintenance.
This position could be responsible for assigning work and/or giving direction to part-time Student Workers, in order to complete office work assignments.
Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
A thorough knowledge of: Business English and arithmetic; general office methods, procedures and practices.
Ability to plan, develop, and coordinate multiple projects.
Ability to read and write at a level appropriate to the duties of the position.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Ability to supervise and train staff, including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
Strong organizational skills and detail oriented.
Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Excellent telephone courtesy, knowledge and experience.
Ability to coordinate and organize meetings and/or special events.
Knowledge of standard budgeting, and expenditure control procedures and documentation.
Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures
Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
Ability to develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and procedures.
Ability to resolve customer complaints and concerns.
Ability to investigate and analyze information and to draw conclusions.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Education and/or Experience
Associates degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Open Date 04/14/2021 Remove from Web Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants Nondiscrimination Statement
State and Federal law permit California Baptist University to discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its purpose. The University does not discriminate contrary to either State or Federal law.
Quick Link to Posting https://jobs.calbaptist.edu/postings/6435 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a Christian?
- * Do you attend church regularly?
- If no, please explain (required):
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you both familiar with and not in conflict with the
fundamental doctrines and practices of the California Southern
Baptist Convention as stated in the Baptist Faith and Message dated
June 14, 2000? (Please see above link for more information)
- Yes (I am familiar and not in conflict)
- No (I am in conflict or not familiar)
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Christian Experience Essay
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript 3
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Academic Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside