Job Title Administrative Assistant Posting Number S904P Classification Title
Provides primary administrative support to the School of Education ( SOE ). Coordinates calendars, budget, and activities to support the deans, faculty, and staff and respective academic programs. Serves as a liaison for the deans to the community, school districts and internal committees and meetings. Must be familiar with the School of Education ( SOE ) academic program and university processes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Serves as main liaison for SOE deans and faculty, students and visitors to the School of Education office and at meetings assigned by the deans.
2. Manages calendar for SOE deans and schedules appointments and interviews. Screens incoming calls and correspondence for SOE deans and responds independently when possible.
3. Maintains department confidential files, documents and records including student files as assigned.
4. Compiles year to date budget expenditures, processes requisitions, reimbursements, and summary sheets.
5. Composes and prepares confidential correspondence, reports, and other complex documents.
6. Coordinates travel for SOE ; responsible for making all travel arrangements.
7. Coordinates vendors for office; responsible for ordering and maintaining suitable levels of office supplies and auxiliary course materials. Audits vendor invoices for accuracy, and submitting invoice for payment. Coordinates copy machine maintenance and physical office maintenance.
8. Completes salary initiations for overload faculty, and adjuncts.
9. Maintains an approved pool of adjunct faculty for education courses, including student teaching supervisors. Processes paperwork for hiring, initiates adjunct invitations, letters of agreement and SIMS .
10. Serves as a liaison with adjuncts, and coordinates communication and needs for their successful teaching.
11. Assists the Director of Academic Operation verifying the class schedules and faculty roster, and implements changes as needed.
12. Coordinates on-campus events for SOE and off campus associates.
13. Develops annual SOE calendar in collaboration with the deans.
This position would be responsible for assigning work and/or giving direction to part-time student workers, in order to complete office work assignments.
Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications, especially all components of Microsoft Office, Google, Zoom, WebEx, and Box.
Thorough knowledge of: Business/Academic English and arithmetic; general office methods, procedures and practices.
Ability to read and write at a level appropriate to the duties of the position.
Ability to plan, develop, and coordinate multiple projects.
Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports accurately.
Ability to develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and procedures.
Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
Ability to coordinate and organize meetings and/or special events.
Strong organizational skills and detail oriented.
Excellent telephone courtesy, knowledge and experience.
Ability to relate positively and effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Ability to multi-task and related to multiple constituents in a fast-paced environment.
Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree ( GED ); or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Prefer college education.
Open Date 04/14/2021 Remove from Web Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants Nondiscrimination Statement
State and Federal law permit California Baptist University to discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its purpose. The University does not discriminate contrary to either State or Federal law.
Quick Link to Posting https://jobs.calbaptist.edu/postings/6437 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a Christian?
- * Do you attend church regularly?
- If no, please explain (required):
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you both familiar with and not in conflict with the
fundamental doctrines and practices of the California Southern
Baptist Convention as stated in the Baptist Faith and Message dated
June 14, 2000? (Please see above link for more information)
- Yes (I am familiar and not in conflict)
- No (I am in conflict or not familiar)
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Christian Experience Essay
- Cover Letter
- Other Document
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Academic Administration Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Business & Administrative Support Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside