One Stop Student Services Advisor
Job Title One Stop Student Services Advisor Posting Number S905P Classification Title
Responsible for creating and maintaining relationships with individual students that promote student satisfaction and retention. The SSA meets the non-classroom support needs of students by providing direct solutions to student problems, where possible, and by acting as a relationship manager to ensure that others provide effective solutions when it is not within the SSA’s scope. The SSA is the student’s principal, if not exclusive, point of contact in the institution, and as such, is responsible for addressing student issues and complaints as they arise, serving as a student liaison with other functional areas of the organization, and establishing University practices that contribute to student satisfaction and retention. SSA’s work as part of a retention team under the direct supervision of the Senior Director of Advising and Retention.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Develop and build relationships with students through remote media and efficiently assess or diagnose student needs.
2. Manage and track relationships with students.
3. Other than members of the faculty, the SSA will serve as the University’s primary point of contact with the student. Wherever possible, other functional areas (e.g., registrar, general university communications) will be mediated by the SSA .
4. Serve as the primary contributor to the University’s knowledge base concerning student needs, and recommend updates and/or changes to programs and processes as needed.
5. Responsible for maintaining communication to students via all appropriate media.
6. Manage outbound email activity including number and nature of interactions with students in case load: (a) number of emails sent, (b) outbound campaign completion, © response time and queue size.
7. Manage outbound phone activity including number and nature of interactions with students in case load: (a) number of calls made, (b) number of conversations held, and © outbound campaign completion, (d) response time and queue size.
8. Manage fulfillment including successful completion of fulfillment campaigns or events as determined by the retention team.
9. Responsible for meeting retention goals including percentage of active student case load that is retained: (a) term-to-term, (b) from first to second term, and © to graduation.
10. Responsible for curriculum planning accuracy in advising students of a comprehensive and effective academic advising plan.
11. Perform above target levels in observed interactions with students on accuracy of information and expectations imparted.
12. Manage student stop-out activity to target levels.
13. Scores above target levels in student satisfaction surveys.
14. Ensure accuracy and quality of database entries pertaining to key learner characteristics, advising criteria, and dropout and stop-out activity.
15. Assist with projects and events as requested.
16. Manages an active student caseload 50 or more students above the department average.
17. In the absence of the Assistant Director and Director, acts as department representative.
18. Assists in training of staff, and acts as the OPS liaison to designated university departments.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Knowledge, with success in working with students, clients or customers in a service-oriented environment is required.
Ability to maintain detailed and consistent student records on an ongoing basis.
Ability to build rapport with students through remote media. In-person interactions may occur but are not a key part of this role.
Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
Ability to plan, develop, and coordinate multiple projects.
Ability to read and write at a level appropriate to the duties of the position.
Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Strong organizational skills and detail oriented.
Excellent telephone courtesy, knowledge and experience.
Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
Ability to resolve customer complaints and concerns.
Ability to develop and deliver presentations.
Ability to plan, develop, and coordinate multiple projects.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university, two to three years’ related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience as an academic advisor in a higher education setting is desirable.
Open Date 04/14/2021 Remove from Web Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants Nondiscrimination Statement
State and Federal law permit California Baptist University to discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its purpose. The University does not discriminate contrary to either State or Federal law.
Quick Link to Posting https://jobs.calbaptist.edu/postings/6439 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a Christian?
- * Do you attend church regularly?
- If no, please explain (required):
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you both familiar with and not in conflict with the
fundamental doctrines and practices of the California Southern
Baptist Convention as stated in the Baptist Faith and Message dated
June 14, 2000? (Please see above link for more information)
- Yes (I am familiar and not in conflict)
- No (I am in conflict or not familiar)
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Christian Experience Essay
- Cover Letter
- Other Document
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Academic Advising & Academic Support Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Disabled Student Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside