Executive Director of the Wackerlin Center
Aurora University seeks talented staff and administrators who are passionate about supporting an inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of learning.
This search is being assisted by Academic Search, Inc. Inquiries and questions should be directed to Senior Consultant Dr. Scott Flanagan (firstname.lastname@example.org). To arrange a confidential conversation with Scott, please use this this Bookings link to access available times and set a call at your convenience: https://outlook.office365.com/owa/calendar/ScottFlanagan@academicsearch.org/bookings/. This position is opened until filled. Review of applications will begin in early May and materials received by May 10, 2021 will be given full consideration. Nominations and application materials should be sent to AuroraWackerlin@academicsearch.org. Applications must include a letter of intent including description of education, certifications held, and all relevant experience, current curriculum vitae, and contact information for three references including phone numbers (candidates will be notified prior to references being contacted). Application deadline: May 10, 2021
Position Purpose: The Executive Director of the Wackerlin Center is responsible for the carrying out the center’s mission and will be student centered and possess a calling to serve in this unique, important capacity. The next Executive Director will be a creative thinker—someone who both generates new ideas and who naturally seeks opportunities to integrate the efforts of the Wackerlin Center with those of the broader community (and vice versa). Perhaps most importantly, the Executive Director will be a connector: creating a nurturing, student centered space and building relationships across campus. They will connect conceptually, weaving the work of the Wackerlin Center into the student experience and the life of the University. They will connect with the wider community, seeking opportunities for mutual benefit and student learning. The successful candidate will draw in others with a genuine enthusiasm for this work and a servant’s heart.
Essential Job Functions:
Essential Job Requirements:
- Master’s degree in related field; terminal degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years in service coordination, development of leaders and/or faith development leadership, 5 years preferred. Leadership experience required, preferably in one or more of these areas.
- Approachable, kind, compassionate, energetic personal style.
- Collaborative leadership style: must be team player, with positive attitude, able to build consensus to move initiatives forward.
- Detail oriented and organized; excellent project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment and manage numerous activities simultaneously.
- Strong organizational skills, including ability to plan, establish priorities, and handle multiple tasks and projects.
- Ability to employ flexibility and creativity in the execution of duties in the face of changing needs and fluid priorities.
- A self starter with the ability to work independently and, as needed, the willingness to accept direction.
- Excellent listening, verbal and written skills.
- Understanding of and enthusiasm for serving AU’s unique student population.
- The ability to work effectively to create an inclusive learning environment—one that integrates diverse perspectives and is welcome to all.
- Interact effectively with a diverse group of faculty, staff, students and other customers of our service, learns and uses operating practices of the department and Aurora University.
- Voluntary participation in university committees, activities and events.
- The ability to interact in person, via electronic media, and on the telephone.
- The ability to move about campus and between locations.
- The ability to work a flexible schedule as needed with some weekends and evenings required.
Benefit-eligible positions offer excellent benefits including health, dental, life, vision, long term disability, a 403(b) retirement plan through TIAA, and tuition remission. Please send resume with cover letter and contact information for three references including name, telephone and email address.
347 South Gladstone Ave
Aurora, IL 60506
630-844-5650 - fax
email@example.com - email
Aurora University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
More searches like this
- Administrative Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Aurora
- Business & Administrative Affairs Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Aurora
- Community Relations & Institutional Outreach Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Aurora
- Student Affairs Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Aurora
- Minority & Multicultural Affairs Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Aurora