Assistant Director, Operations & Utilities Services - (STA007222)
The Assistant Director of Operations and Utility Services is responsible for the production, purchase and distribution of utilities for the University of Houston main campus. This position oversees administration and operations of facilities operations including, chilled water and steam distribution, electrical services, mechanical and HVAC operations, energy management control and building automation operations. Also, assists the Director of Projects and Technical Services with strategic and operational planning.
- Directs the operation of the chilled water and steam distribution system, electrical distribution and building systems, mechanical systems, water and wastewater systems, energy management, and distribution systems.
- Develops and implements strategic plans to reduce energy costs and reduce carbon footprint through sustainability projects and operational efficiency improvement. Analyzes statistical data and implements policies to reduce utility costs and consumption. Works with Facilities Business Operations and Compliance department to budget for and recovery utility expenses.
- Ensures that maintenance of exiting equipment is performed. Schedules and performs system maintenance as needed and as proscribed by manufacturer.
- Develops long range plans for the replacement of capital equipment.
- Develops and implements strategic and operational plans for Facilities, including emergency plans, budgets and other financial plans.
- Serves as key point of contact with external utility providers. Negotiates and manages contract support for technical services.
- Oversees managerial and supervisory staff and enforces standards for the hiring, training, evaluation and discipline of personnel. Manages schedules for personnel assigned to minimize overtime and maximize efficiency.
- Develops and enforces operational procedures and best practices, ensuring compliance by facilities personnel with university policies and procedures.
- Manages assigned budgets and ensures funds are expended effectively in fulfillment of university goals.
- Serves as an active member of the Facilities Management team collaborating with all areas and participate in campus committees.
- Performs other job-related duties as required.
Bachelors and 5 years experience.
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed.
Requires a minimum of five (5) years of directly job-related experience.
Additional Information / Preferred Qualifications:
Professional engineer’s license (MEP-EE) preferred.
Previous higher education experience a plus.
Previous experience working with large commercial facilities, i.e., hospitals, military bases, schools, malls, etc.
Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Note: Applicants please attach three (3) professional references with your submission
Notes to Applicant: Please include a minimum of 3 professional references with your attachments.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston