Program Manager, UC Administration
The UC Administration invites applications for a Program Manager to join their team on campus. Reporting to the Director of Campus Student Engagement, the person assigned to this position oversees the Student Involvement Network. The Student Involvement Network is the University of Montana’s activity board that is responsible for the creative development, effective implementation, and outcome assessment of student engagement, programs, and activities on campus. The person assigned to this position will actively participate in the strategic planning for campus engagement; directly supervise and advise student program coordinators; work with minimal direct supervision; integrate the vision for programs and services into successful and effective programming; and have a comprehensive understanding of student development theories.
This position will also work directly with the Associated Students at the University of Montana (ASUM) to work collaboratively with student groups in coordinating programs and events. They will be the key administrator of Griz Hub, a student engagement software utilized to boost student engagement as well as a communication tool, form depository, and calendar for events for student groups and campus departments. As this position works directly with students and must meet the needs of their schedules and programming that are not typical of normal 9-5 schedule, the schedule may vary according to the events. The typical workday will be 10 am to 6 pm or 11 am to 7pm, Monday through Friday but may also change to include weekends and later evenings.
- Experience and knowledge in developing, implementing, and assessing a robust array of campus programs and activities intentionally designed to enhance the educational experience and success of students outside of the classroom
- A general knowledge of college student development, especially as it relates to identity, intercultural competence, and self-authorship
- Demonstrated leadership in advising and coaching students and student groups about various aspects of programming and event planning
- Demonstrated knowledge on the current trends and issues within student affairs, college programs, and risk management as it relates to events on campus and student behavior
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding on how to communicate and market to students with use of social media and other forms of media
- Supervising and/or management experience that includes hiring, training, and evaluation of staff
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate meetings, trainings, events, and workshops from content creation, identifying desired outcomes, facilitation, to assessment and follow-up with the group
- Ability to work with a diverse professional campus population (students, faculty, and administrators)
- Effectively communicate both verbally and in writing as demonstrated by the ability to draft professional letters, emails, and reports, and present to the public, students, staff, administrators, and staff
- Ability to manage time effectively; be prompt, reliable, and measurably productive
Minimum Required Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, as well as at least two (2) years’ work experience in a college or university setting; or any combination of experience and education that would provide the competencies required to successfully discharge the duties assigned to this position
About the UC Administration and UM
The University Center enriches campus life by providing student-focused opportunities, programs, services, and space.
The University of Montana is a unit of the Montana University System with over 10,000 students. It is located in Missoula, a culturally vibrant community of about 72,000, surrounded by mountain grandeur which was recently ranked in the “ top 20 best college towns with a population of less than 250,000 ” by the American Institute for Economic Research and ranked 9th in Outside Magazine’s “ The 16 Greatest Places to Live in America” in 2014 . Many national publications recognize Missoula for its high quality of life . Abundant recreational opportunities in surrounding state and national forests and nearby Glacier National Park and Yellowstone National Park complement a thriving intellectual atmosphere. The University of Montana offers eligible employees a generous benefits package that positively separates UM from other local employers and offers many programs and policies to support work-life balance for its employees.
The University of Montana is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. In that spirit, we are particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of qualified people who would assist the University in demonstrating its five priorities for action : Place student success at the center of all we do; drive excellence and innovation in teaching, learning, and research; embody the principle of “mission first, people always"; partner with place; and proudly tell the UM story.
To learn more about the University of Montana, Missoula, and the State of Montana, please visit the links below.
Position Title: Program Mgr
Position Number: 115470
Department: UC Aministration
Work Schedule: Full-time, 1.0 FTE (40 Hours a week), Monday through Friday 10:00 am to 6:00 pm or 11 am to 7 pm, 12 months/year, position requires an alternative schedule.
Union Affiliation: None
Probationary Period: Six months minimum
Benefits Include : Insurance package, mandatory retirement plan, partial tuition waiver, and wellness program.
Criminal Background Investigation is required prior to the Offer of Employment In accordance with University regulations, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. ADA/EOE/AA/Veteran's Preference Reasonable accommodations are provided in the hiring process for persons with disabilities. For example, this material is available in alternative format upon request. As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, we encourage applications from minorities, veterans, and women. Qualified candidates may request veterans’ or disabilities preference in accordance with state law. References: References not listed on the application materials may be contacted; notice may be provided to the applicant. Testing: Individual hiring departments at UM may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions. Employment Eligibility: All New Employees must be eligible and show employment eligibility verification by the first date of employment at UM, as legally required (e.g., Form I-9).
How to Apply
Application Deadline: Tuesday, May 4, 2021 by 11:59 PM (Mountain Time)
Candidates are required to submit the following materials online via "New Resume/CV" button below.
A complete application Includes:
- Letter of Interest – addressing your qualifications and experience related to the stated required skills for the position. A general letter salutation such as “Dear Search Committee” or “Dear Hiring Manager” is acceptable.
- Detailed Resume – listing education and describing work experience
- Professional References – names and contact information for three (3) professional references
Job Location Missoula, Montana, United States
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Academic Advising & Academic Support Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Minority & Multicultural Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Other Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner