Network Engineer III
Network Engineer III
Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi
IT Infrastructure & Research Computing
Proposed Minimum Salary
Corpus Christi, Texas
The Network Engineer III, under general direction, performs complex and non-routine specialized network engineering functions, such as troubleshooting, analysis, research, and problem-solving. Reporting to the Manager of Network Services, the Network Engineer III routinely serves as technical lead for network engineering projects and services. This position provides technical oversight for the design, maintenance, and troubleshooting of the network infrastructure and enterprise network solutions. This position requires advance knowledge of network hardware, security, LAN, WAN, Wi-Fi, internet, Data Center, and VoIP solutions.
Administer Campus Enterprise Network
- Administer and maintain LAN, WAN, and Data Center equipment to ensure maximum availability.
- Administer and maintain next generation firewalls and VPN appliances.
- Advance monitoring, analyzing, troubleshooting skillsets.
- Oversee the monitoring and maintenance of network security in collaboration with the Office of Information Security.
- Review security alerts, work with vendors on security vulnerabilities, and apply updates to network equipment.
- Serve as a senior member of the Network Services team and assist co-workers with technical direction.
- Implement and coordinate design activities for complex, networking projects.
- Review network design plans.
- Work with the Manager of Network Services on network designs. Review construction blueprints.
- Work with the Project Management Team and attends construction meetings as needed.
- Design, engineer, and manage complex system related communication and routing protocols.
Strategic Planning and Documentation
- Research new technologies to automate processes, improve efficiencies, and heighten security.
- Create and maintains designs, plans, maps, methods, procedures, problems, and repairs.
- Facilitate input from clients, contractors, and vendors to plan for large and complex networking projects.
- Meet with vendors to review latest technology and road maps.
- Assist manager with developing work plans and time schedules for projects including outlining phases, identifying personnel, and equipment requirements.
- Complete reports and summaries for management and/or users including status reports, problem reports, progress summaries, and system utilization reports.
- Participate in training and professional development sessions.
- Assume responsibilities of Network Services Manager in his/her absence.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university with a major in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Network Administration, Cyber Security, or related field.
- Five years of directly related experience.
- A combination of education and experience may be considered as a substitution:
- High School Diploma & (9) years of experience
- Associates & (7) years of experience
- Master's & Three (3) years of experience
- Doctoral & One (1) year of experience
- Experience with Cisco routers, switches, wireless, firewalls, and telephony.
- Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and other applications used to create network diagrams.
- Must be able to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Be available to work some nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Due to federal law on deemed export controls, it is not possible to petition for an H1B work authorization. Applicants must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, and ITAR compliant.
- Master's degree in applicable field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- CCNA, CCNP, CCDA, CWNA, or other industry recognized professional level certification related in applicable field.
- Knowledge of strategic thinking and planning.
- Knowledge of project and operations management.
- Industry related skills to include knowledge of the IT industry and trends, knowledge of IT security regulations, and proficiency with the Information Technology Interface Library (ITIL).
- Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others. Excellent written communication, analytical, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Commensurate upon experience
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMUCC_External/job/Corpus-Christi-TAMUCC/Network-Engineer-III_R-036957-1