Digital Project Manager
Digital Project Manager
Founded in 1898, Northeastern is a global research university and the recognized leader in experience-driven lifelong learning. Our world-renowned experiential approach empowers our students, faculty, alumni, and partners to create impact far beyond the confines of discipline, degree, and campus.
Our locations—in Boston; Charlotte, North Carolina; London; Portland, Maine; San Francisco; Seattle; Silicon Valley; Toronto; Vancouver; and the Massachusetts communities of Burlington and Nahant—are nodes in our growing global university system. Through this network, we expand opportunities for flexible, student-centered learning and collaborative, solutions-focused research.
Northeastern's comprehensive array of undergraduate and graduate programs— in a variety of on-campus and online formats—lead to degrees through the doctorate in nine colleges and schools. Among these, we offer more than 195 multi-discipline majors and degrees designed to prepare students for purposeful lives and careers.
About the Opportunity:
To succeed in this role, the ideal candidate will possess an analytical mindset with excellent communication, technical and organizational skills. The Digital Project Manager will be responsible for coordinating across functions and developing critical partnerships through the successful management of core portfolios.
- Oversee the production of digital media including videos,
website development, online advertising, and email
- Expertly manage the planning, organization, and delivery of
assigned digital portfolio from intake to close out, ensuring
projects are delivered within technical specification, on time and
- Create project plans in collaboration with internal and
- In collaboration with the portfolio strategist, direct a team
of designers, copy writers, and developers to a final product that
reflects the established objectives and vision.
- Review work to ensure all stakeholder feedback has been
addressed and work is in compliance with brand and quality
- Lead project meetings, maintain project schedules and inputs,
and effectively and consistently communicate expectations to all
- Independently coordinate internal and external partners on
projects - including freelancers, agencies, and vendors - as
- Develop partnerships with key stakeholders, with a focus on
building trust and long-term strategic partnerships.
- Lead annual and quarterly scope planning for assigned
- Manage resource allocation for assigned portfolios, monitoring
planned vs. actual project hours and adjusting as
- Proactively identify roadblocks, integrate across the
portfolio, and drive solutions, in close collaboration with Ops and
- Mentor and educate team members on digital trends and workflow
- Support the Director of Operations in driving the operations
roadmap with a continuous improvement mindset.
Experience in higher education is not necessary.
This position is located on the Boston campus. It is not eligible for remote work.
Day-to-day Project Management
- Independently deliver and manage a portfolio of projects from intake to close out, ensuring projects are delivered within technical requirements, on time and within budget.
- Collaborate with the Operations team to prioritize work and resourcing across the portfolio.
- Support the overall quality of work by ensuring materials align with marketing goals and institutional level priorities, and follow technical and brand standards, before sharing with stakeholders.
- Coordinate all internal and external partners on projects -
including freelancers, agencies, and vendors - as needed.
Digital Leadership & Operations Roadmap
- Increase efficiencies and ability to scale, by proactively identifying and solving problems, and integrating with fellow project managers.
- Mentor and educate team members on digital best practices,
reinforcing digital trends, consistency, and standardization.
- 5+ years of experience as a digital project manager in a
fast-paced environment (internal or external agency experience is
- Demonstrated expertise in leading complex digital projects and
digital media campaigns (experience with integrated campaigns a
- Expert understanding of digital marketing mediums and the
- Proactive self-starter with the ability to manage multiple
- Exceptional attention to detail and written and verbal
- Committed, engaged, decisive, adaptable team player
- Facility with project management software such as Workfront,
Microsoft Project, or Asana.
- Experience in both Agile and Waterfall methodologies
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about Northeastern University's commitment and support of diversity and inclusion, please see www.northeastern.edu/diversity.
To apply, visit https://careers.pageuppeople.com/879/cw/en-us/job/506083