Lecturer in Vietnamese
The School of International Letters & Cultures (SILC) Vietnamese Program at Arizona State University (Tempe campus) invites applications for a Lecturer with an anticipated start date of August 16, 2021. This is a full-time, benefits-eligible appointment made on an academic year basis (August 16 – May 15). Subsequent annual renewal is possible contingent upon satisfactory performance, availability of resources, and the needs of the university.
The successful candidate will teach three classes per semester, including Vietnamese language at all levels and/or courses focusing on Vietnamese linguistics, cultural studies, and/or literature. The successful candidate will also administer content-based curriculum and supplementary online-based learning modules; engage in professional development; and perform appropriate university, professional, and community service.
The College values our cultural and intellectual diversity and continually strives to foster a welcoming and inclusive environment. We are especially interested in applicants who can strengthen the diversity of the academic community.
Learn more about what The College of Liberal Arts and Sciences has to offer by viewing https://thecollege.asu.edu/faculty. Arizona State University is a leading major public university committed to inclusion and excellence in research and education.
- MA degree or higher in Vietnamese Language, Cultural Studies, or a related field by time of appointment.
- Native or near-native proficiency in Vietnamese and English.
- Familiarity with asynchronous teaching.
- PhD in Vietnamese Language or related field.
- College-level teaching experience at a variety of levels of Vietnamese language.
- Ability to develop innovative second language curricula and apply appropriate technologies in language instruction.
- Familiarity with standardized tests such as OPI, OPIc, and STAMP tests.
- Ability to teach content courses on Vietnam.
- Experience with Study Abroad program development / implementation.
To guarantee full consideration, applicants must apply electronically to http://apply.interfolio.com/86502 submitting complete dossier, which must consist of the following:
- Cover letter outlining teaching philosophy and including a description of how the applicant’s experiences fit the qualifications listed above.
- The names and contact information of three (3) references.
- Teaching evaluations for the most recent 3 years.
- A statement addressing how your past and/or potential contributions to diversity and inclusion will advance ASU’s commitment to inclusive excellence.
Applicant’s last name should appear in each uploaded file name. Questions about this position should be directed to Ebru Turker Committee Chair, at Ebru.Turker@asu.edu. Initial application deadline is May 31, 2021; if not filled, applications will be reviewed every week thereafter until search is closed.
A background check is required for employment. Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online
at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Asu
- Education Non-Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Asu
- Curriculum & Instruction Non-Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Asu
- Humanities Non-Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Asu
- Foreign Languages & Literatures Non-Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Asu