Systems and Security Specialist
Systems and Security
Requested Start Date:
June 2, 2021
Normal Work Schedule:
8:00 am – 4:30 pm, Monday - Friday
The Systems and Security Specialist is responsible for providing IT Security support and support the maintenance/administration of servers/systems on the JSU network. The person in this position will work closely with and may be supervised by a senior systems administrator or senior personnel. The person in this position will be familiar with several operating systems, virtualization technologies, TCP/IP networking concepts, and must be able to administer several servers of differing function. The person in this position may specialize in a certain area based on need, i.e. General IT security or E-Commerce Security, Hardware, OS, Networking, etc.
· Identify departments/entities on campus involved in credit card processing and assists with technical/security procedures and policy.
· Development of security training modules within University Security Training Portal.
· Assist in the development and maintenance of the Campus IT Security Policy
· Assists in system administration tasks on varying operating systems including Microsoft and Linux platforms.
· Develops programs and/or scripts to assist in the automation of system administration or other tasks.
· Maintains policies related to Payment Card Industry (PCI) Compliance and verifies policies/procedures of other departments/entities are reviewed and updated as needed.
· Assist in applying IT security to University systems.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s in Computer Science/MIS, Engineering, or related technical degree
· Two (2) years of relevant experience
1. Cover Letter
Clery Notice: In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, https://clerycenter.org/policy-resources/the-clery-act/ the Jacksonville State University Police provide information on crimes statistics, crime prevention, law enforcement, crime reporting, and other related issues for the past three calendar years. The JSU Annual Campus Security and Fire Report is available online at: http://jsu.edu/police/docs/CleryAnnualReport.pdf
Equal Employment Opportunity: JSU is an Equal Employment, Equal Opportunity, and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Jacksonville
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Jacksonville
- Technology Administration/Other Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Jacksonville