• Oversees all maintenance staff performing maintenance-related projects on campus. Performs maintenance and administrative duties as required by Facilities Director that includes but it not limited to: vehicle and equipment maintenance and minor repair, grounds upkeep, dormitory, gymnasium, classroom, and staff/faculty offices
• Assures that maintenance and repair projects are completed in a quality and timely manner
• Responsible for prioritizing and deploying internal work orders, working with the facilities coordinator
• Communicates with maintenance staff regularly concerning work standards, University rules, safety issues, etc.
• Responsible for providing feedback to Facilities Director on disciplinary matters, employee performance, and training (not responsible for hiring and/or terminating employees)
• Reviews and approves maintenance employee and work-study time cards
• Assists Facilities Director with prioritizing in-house and contracted services
• Assists Facilities Director with developing cost estimates for maintenance and construction/repair projects
• Assists with setting up and removing items for events on campus. Ensures any rental items for events on campus are ordered and delivered on time
• Coordinates moves and delivers furniture and/or equipment, when necessary
• Assists Facilities Director with administrative functions, such as maintaining Key Performance Indicator reports, answering the telephone and taking messages, delivering incoming and outgoing freight, ordering materials and supplies for the Maintenance Department, and ensuring immediate maintenance response to emergency requests
• Coordinate and assists with snow removal and sanding on campus
• Responds to emergency evening, holiday and weekend calls when necessary
• Other duties as assigned
High school diploma or equivalent required; technical training preferred.
At least five years of maintenance/supervisory experience.
Experience using computers and email, basic tools and equipment related to this job description is required. Experience using maintenance management software preferred.
• Ability to meet and deal tactfully and courteously with fellow employees, students and vendors/contractors
• Ability to perform maintenance related tasks
• Ability to update inventories
• Must be able to respond to after-hour call-ins for snow removal operations and/or other emergencies in a timely manner.
• A valid Maine driver's license is required
• Ability to work well both independently and also as a member of a team; excellent communication skills are necessary