Men's Head Basketball Coach
Men's Head Basketball Coach
Posting Number: 0001040
PS Position#: 00000400
Position Status: Full-Time
Salary: Salary is based on the Lee College Faculty Salary Scale - 12 Month. Placement on scale is commensurate with education and experience.
Department: Athletic Director
Job Summary/Basic Function:
This position is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing the college-sponsored, men's basketball program. Teaches academic courses in the Kinesiology department.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Basketball Coach Responsibilities:
- Plan and direct athletic skills development for the
- Recruit student-athletes in accordance with the mission of Lee
College, the NJCAA, and Region 14.
- Monitor student-athlete academic performance and implement
team, athletics department, and Lee College measures to support
their academic performance.
- Advise student-athletes and staff of applicable intercollegiate
athletic rules, regulations, and Lee College policies and ensure
- Responsible for on time data entry and submission into the
NJCAA Compliance Portal.
- Cooperate with the College Athletic Trainers to ensure
student-athletes receive proper medical attention and physical
- Work with the Athletic Director on the selection and scheduling
of team contests.
- Assist the Athletic Director in resolving cases where a
student-athlete violates an applicable regulation.
- Instruct student-athletes individually or in groups in
techniques of basketball.
- Organize and execute effective team practice and
- Assess basketball players' skills and assign team
- Evaluate own and opposing team capabilities to determine
winning game strategy.
- Participate in scheduling, planning, and travel arrangements
for away competition.
- Identify, evaluate, and encourage application and acceptance of
student-athletes in accordance with College, NJCAA, and Region 14
policies and regulations.
- Effectively manage and evaluate the performance of the
assistant coaches and other program personnel.
- Participate in fundraising.
- Plan and conduct at least 4 summer camps for community children
- Monitor team budget to ensure budgetary guidelines established
by the athletic Director are maintained.
- Purchase and ensure maintenance of basketball equipment and
- Monitor expenditures against budge; prepare budget data for
review/approval by the Athletic Director.
- Foster relationships with alumni, community members, and donors
seeking support for the team.
- Participate in speaking engagements for the college and support community initiatives.
- Teach Kinesiology courses such as: Introduction to Physical
Fitness & Wellness (KINE 1164), Personal/Community Health (KINE
1304), and Foundations of Kinesiology (KINE 1301).
- Qualified applicants must be committed to student learning,
integrating technology into the curriculum, and encouraging engaged
- Maintain accurate student accounting records in compliance with
Lee College requirements.
- Submit required student reports to the Admissions & Records
Office according to schedule.
- Direct and evaluate the learning experience of the students in
accordance with adopted curricula and approved
- Teach assigned classes in keeping with approved syllabi,
outlines, and instructional materials.
- Provide counsel/guidance to students when there is a
- Faculty members may be required to teach evening, summer,
online, hybrid, dual enrollment, and weekend classes.
- Support and participate in strategic initiatives and faculty required committee work.
Additional duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Excellent benefits accrue with this full-time position. This is a security-sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.
- Master’s (or higher) degree
- CPR/EAD/First Aid certified
- Commitment to working towards the shared vision of the Athletic
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to make sound
- Knowledge of the skills, techniques, and strategy of the sort
at the collegiate level
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must be able to travel in and around the Lee College service
- Must be available to work mornings, evenings, and weekends as needed
- Master’s (or higher) degree in Kinesiology or a related
- Three (3) years of coaching experience at the collegiate
- Experience competing as an athlete at the collegiate
- Coaching and/or recruiting experience as Head Coach or
Assistant Coach at the collegiate level
- Experience as an Athletic Director
Campus/Location: Main Campus - Baytown, TX
If other, provide location:
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts for all completed course work. (Official transcripts required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.
To apply, visit https://jobs.lee.edu/postings/6860
Lee College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, which encourages applications from qualified females, minority groups, veterans, and disabled individuals. It is the policy of Lee College to fully comply with the equal opportunity provisions of all applicable regulations and not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status in areas such as recruitment, selections, training, promotion, demotion, layoffs, terminations, rates of pay, or any other forms of compensation or benefits.