Assistant/Associate Professor - School of Nursing
Valdosta State University's School of Nursing in the College of Nursing and Health Sciences seeks applicants for a tenure track faculty position. Rank is dependent upon credentials. The selected candidate will be responsible for teaching courses in the candidate’s area of expertise, maintaining scholarly productivity, and participating in service at the department, college, and university levels.
Valdosta State University is proud to have a highly diverse student body, and we are seeking to recruit and retain outstanding candidates who exhibit a clear commitment to diversity and inclusion and who will enhance the diversity of our faculty and staff.
For more information, contact Dr. Mark Reinhardt, Associate Dean, School of Nursing, via email email@example.com or phone 229-333-5959.
Reporting directly to the Associate Dean of the School of Nursing, the selected candidate will be responsible for teaching across the curriculum with a primary focus on the graduate nursing program (MSN and DNP).
- Master’s degree in nursing and a Terminal degree (DNP or PhD) by appointment date;
- Board certification as an FNP or PMHNP (lifespan) (AANP or ANCC);
- Unencumbered Georgia Registered Nursing License;
- Must have one-year clinical experience;
- Relocation to the Valdosta area;
- Demonstrated commitment to excellence in teaching and learning, as well as scholarship and service;
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- A record of effective teaching appropriate to the applicant’s career stage;
- Prior teaching in an MSN or DNP program and chairing DNP practice projects;
- Dual certification as both an FNP and a PMHNP;
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative setting;
- A record of mentoring students of diverse backgrounds.
The College of Nursing and Health Sciences provide programs of study at both the undergraduate and graduate levels. The Bachelor of Science degree is granted in Exercise Physiology, Athletic Training and Nursing. The graduate degrees include the Doctor of Nursing Practice (BSN-DNP and post-master’s DNP) starting fall 2021 also the Master of Science in Nursing with a concentration in Family Nurse Practitioner and Psychiatric/Mental Health Nurse Practitioner as well as a Master of Science in Exercise Physiology. A minor in Nutrition is also provided. The Nursing program is accredited by the CCNE. Faculty members are actively involved in research, service, scholarship, and professional development. For more information on the College visit https://www.valdosta.edu/colleges/nursing-and-health-sciences/.
Valdosta State University, founded in 1906, VSU is a comprehensive university with a student enrollment of approximately 12,500. The city of Valdosta is located just north of the Florida state line on Interstate 75, is served by a regional airport, and is within a two-hour drive of Jacksonville and Tallahassee, Florida. For more information, visit https://www.valdosta.edu and for more information about the community visit https://www.valdostachamber.com.
Online application is required. VSU is an Equal Opportunity educational institution and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity. In that spirit, we are particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of people, including, but not limited to, minorities, and individuals with disabilities. Valdosta State University has a non-discrimination policy that includes sex, race, color, sexual orientation, religion, age, marital status, national origin, disability, and veteran status.