Executive Director of the Martin University National Center for Racial Equity & Inclusion
Reporting to the President of Martin University, the Executive Director of the Martin University National Center for Racial Equity and Inclusion (NCREI) will oversee the planning, implementation, and performance measurement of specific short- and long-term projects that identify and address racial disparities and other inequities. The Executive Director works closely with university leaders, faculty, staff, and the NCREI Advisory Board.
This position supervises others as assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Community Collaborations/Alliances and Strategic Communications
- Initiate, develop, and maintain productive and mutually beneficial collaborative relationships with individuals and organizations that effectively represent racially and ethnically diverse communities across the region, including liaison with community groups.
- Proven ability to develop and implement marketing/communications programs, creating a clear and consistent identity that generates understanding and enthusiasm for the NCREI mission and goals; and clear understanding of accomplishments and impact generated by the NCREI.
- Accomplished public speaker serving as the primary spokesperson.
- The ability to work collaboratively with the Division of Institutional Advancement in developing fundraising strategies and executing them in partnership with university personnel and the NCREI Advisory Board.
Operations/HR Management and Staff Development
- Experience recruiting/hiring, supervising, mentoring, providing professional development opportunities, and directing and evaluating staff in the performance of their duties
Financial Management and Planning
- Prepare and administer annual operating and capital budgets, and understand and manage multiple projects.
- Manage communication with the President, Chief Financial Officer, and NCREI Advisory Board to provide regular comprehensive reports on revenue, expenditures, and other key financial and non-financial metrics.
Senior Leadership, Strategic Thinking, and Planning
- Transformative ability to provide vision and leadership for accomplishing the mission and long-term development and growth and remaining up-to-date on emerging trends.
- Strong track record of strategic thinking, planning, and aligning mission, the business model, internal systems and structures, and programs to support that strategy.
- Bachelor’s degree required; relevant advanced degree strongly preferred.
- Formal training in racial equity, anti-racism, Diversity, Equity, Inclusion related work.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to maintain/encourage open communications with staff, the Board, volunteers, and the community.
Deep Knowledge of Anti-Racism, Racial Equity, and Social Justice Work
- Firm understanding of systemic, structural, and institutional racism, including intersectional forms of oppression.
- Confidently present themselves as subject matter expert on racial equity.
Experienced Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Professional
- A successful track record in helping organizations develop, implement, and sustain diversity, equity, and inclusion strategies that achieve positive results.
- Deep understanding of research, methodologies, and frameworks related to diversity, equity, and inclusion management and leadership.
- Experience in leading and managing multiple aspects of diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts, including applications for the workforce, supply chain, and external relations.
- Experience in utilizing organizational assessment tools for organizational diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Personal Characteristics and Leadership Attributes
- Effective listener; high emotional intelligence; open-minded; inclusive; enthusiastic.
- Strongly committed to racial equity, anti-racism, DEI, and social justice.
- Relationship/coalition builder, approachable, fair, passionate, authentic, servant leader.
- Self-confident, resilient, integrity, believes in continuous learning/improvement and focused.
- Ability to have difficult conversations around racism, white supremacy, and more.
- Well-organized, results-driven and inspiring, visionary, politically savvy, mature, and use of judgment effectively.
Submit your resume to email@example.com; no phone calls, please.
Apply for Executive Director of the Martin University National Center for Racial Equity & Inclusion
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly