Digital Media & Learning Content Developer - Media Production Specialist II
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
The starting salary will be between $3,515.00/month and
Cal State East Bay offers a broad range of benefits that includes medical, dental, vision, retirement (CalPERS), 401k, 457, 403(b), dependent and health care reimbursement accounts, life insurance, vacation and sick, 13 paid holidays, one personal holiday and tuition fee waiver.
For more information on the benefits program, please visit https://www.csueastbay.edu/hr/benefits/index.html
ABOUT CAL STATE EAST BAY:
Cal State East Bay's beautiful main campus is located in the Hayward hills with panoramic views of the San Francisco Bay shoreline. Situated above the city of Hayward, the campus offers an ideal setting for teaching and learning and yet easy access to the many cities along the bay. The University has a satellite campus in Concord, a professional development center in Oakland and a significant presence online. Founded in 1957, Cal State East Bay is one of 23 universities of the California State University system (CSU). With an enrollment over 15,800 students, Cal State East Bay is recognized as a regionally engaged and globally oriented university with a strong commitment to academic innovation, student success, engaged and service learning, diversity, and sustainability.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
This is a full-time support position for online and hybrid programs and courses. CSU East Bay Online Campus is charged with: Assisting faculty on designing and developing digital learning objects or content, supporting quality standards for online and hybrid courses; performthe technical, aesthetic and programmatic components of video, audio, and photographic productions during all of its production cycle, including preproduction, production and post-production stages, extending curriculum support related services/hours; digital media consultation, and all other support initiatives requested by the Office of Academic Affairs.
This position will work closely with instructional designers and eLearning specialists to create high quality digital learning objects and assets for online/hybrid coursesup-to-date, across all available learning and communication platforms, including the Online Campus website. This position is an important part of the Online Campus and supports other Online Campus team members as requested.
This position will take the major responsibility for digital content production when requested by faculty members, instructional designers, and eLearning specialists or assigned by the Sr. Director of the Online Campus; manage the Online Campus website; collaborate with various departments to keep the Learning Management System and related platforms’ landing pages organized, updated, and aligned with Cstyle; collaborate with necessary campus team members to ensure content is ready as assigned; and keep content regularly updated on the online campus website, Learning platforms, and other assigned platforms or channels.
- Work with faculty members, programs, divisions, colleges, or staff to create digital learning content including but not limited to: animation, interactive video, eBook, iBook, and other digital content.
- Produce digital learning content and media that’s needed for any online or hybrid courses. Including SCORM content or media assets.
- Conduct research and write scripts for media if necessary.
- Provide objective technical and creative feedback to Online Campus members and faculty.
- Plan meetings with campus community members to update online campus websites, LMS landing pages, and other assigned platform content.
- Create digital learning documentation regularly to update users of all necessary changes or news related to systems, online programs, online courses, and processes.
- Track planning and implementation milestones for each project.
- Create digital learning content that’s high touch and engaging.
- Inform campus users of any necessary user support issues in a timely manner.
- Collaborate closely with Online Campus team members to produce a high volume of quality eContent with a fast turn-around time.
- Collaborate closely with individual faculty and departments.
- Organize media production including scheduling, staffing, booking talent, and production coordination.
- Continuously increase knowledge of the field in order to recommend new approaches and/or revisions in collaboration with faculty and Online Campus members.
- Communicate with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders, while maintaining good will and providing or obtaining information as appropriate.
- Handle administrative tasks and paperwork related to learning content development, collection, and SOP documentation.
- Comply with accessibility requirement for all projects.
- Apply inclusive and anti-racist representation and design principles that honor our campus mission.
- Facilitate workshop when needed.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned.
Supervise student assistants when needed.
- Supervise graduate or work-study students.
Support faculty technical requests and supporting other office project related functions.
- Provide regular technical assistance to online faculty.
- Support office staff members on other online initiatives related tasks.
- A strong portfolio of projects that combine film, animation, and other new media techniques.
- Ability to edit with facility on either Macintosh or PC system.
- Ability to develop and manipulate animations, images, videos, and other digital assets.
- Interest in academic teaching & learning.
- Deadline-driven, organizational and management skills and the ability to self-manage multiple development projects and deadlines.
- A strong work ethic, requiring minimal supervision.
- Ability to interact with others with sound judgment, good humor, and consistent fairness in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
- Broad knowledge of learning and teaching, instructional materials and procedures, media production, and Web content editing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff and faculty members.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Possess good computer applications skills (email, word processing, Internet tools/applications, video editing, image editing, website authoring tools).
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Education, Media Production, Graphic Design, Fine Art, or related field.
- Minimum six months of experience in still and motion picture photography, including a thorough knowledge of video production techniques.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Equivalent to one year of combined experience related to multimedia production, learning content production, and/or website content creation/editing.
- Experience of creating peer review ePublishing projects (iBooks).
- Experience of creating learning content using learning content authoring systems or tools. Such as Articulate 360, Adobe Creative Cloud and Captive etc.
- Hands-on post-production experience in a fast-paced environment is strongly preferred.
- Motivated by our mission to create amazing materials for students that will change lives.
- Related programming language skill.
CONDITION(S) OF EMPLOYMENT:
Satisfactory completion of a background check that may include,
but is not limited to: criminal records check, verification of
academic credentials, licenses, certificates, credit history,
professional references and/or verification of work history is
required for employment. Cal State East Bay will issue a
conditional offer of employment to the selected candidate, which
may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying
information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly
withheld or falsified information. Unsatisfactory results may also
affect the continued employment of current Cal State East Bay
employees who were conditionally offered the position.
All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Cal State East Bay does not discriminate on the basis of any protected categories: age, ancestry, citizenship, color, disability, gender, immigration status, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran's status. The University is committed to the principles of diversity in employment and to creating a stimulating learning environment for its diverse student body.
All California State University campuses, including Cal State
East Bay, are smoke and tobacco-free. For more information,
please visit our website at http://www.csueastbay.edu/smokeandtobaccofree/
In compliance with state and federal crime awareness and campus security legislation, including The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, the Cal State East Bay Annual Campus Security Report is available at: http://www.csueastbay.edu/upd/safety-and-security-reports.html
Cal State East Bay is not a sponsoring agency for Staff or Management positions.
The incumbent in this position may be considered a mandated reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and will be required to comply with requirements set forth in the CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please visit www.csueastbay.edu/jobs and under New Employment Site, please click on Faculty, Staff and Management Employment Opportunities.