PT - Jr. Computer Support Specialist
Posting Number AS139P Position Title PT - Jr. Computer Support Specialist Contract Length N/A Class Summary
The Computer Support Specialist analyzes computer and network related problems reported by end-users, diagnoses the most effective method to resolve the problem and implements the solution; troubleshoots the campus’s Local Area Network ( LAN ), Wide Area Network ( WAN ), data communications, desktop support and all peripheral equipment.
Candidates Eligible to Apply Internal/External Position Type Non-Exempt Staff Employment Status Part Time Position Funding Type Regular
High school diploma and/or information technology related certifications. Combination of education, technical certifications, training and work experience which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
An associate degree in computer science or an information technology related field certification such as CompTia N+ or A+ certification or two years of related work experience in information technology support is preferred.
Minimum Knowledge & Skills
⦁ Personal computer systems
⦁ Windows operating system in a domain environment
⦁ Computer applications including Microsoft, Apple office suite products.
⦁ Documentation and user instruction methods and techniques
⦁ Diagnostic, troubleshooting, and analytical problem solving techniques for computer systems
⦁ Diagnostic software utilities, remote access, basic networking, and computer management
⦁ Installation of hardware and software
⦁ Building and repair of computer systems
⦁ Installation and configuration of local and network printers
⦁ Customer service and professional phone etiquette.
⦁ Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of technology users.
⦁ Computers and related peripheral equipment.
⦁ Effective use of multi-tasking and time management.
⦁ Working and supporting a networked environment.
⦁ Working and supporting an IT helpdesk environment.
Preferred Knowledge & Skills
⦁ Local area network hardware and software capabilities and installation techniques
⦁ Image building, storage, and deployment
⦁ Remote desktop management software and deployment tools.
1. Identifies, troubleshoots and resolves hardware, software and network-related problems that are reported by the users via phone and/or ticketing system.
2. Uses established tracking system to log requests; monitors progress, tracks problem resolution, identifies patterns of failure, researches bug fixes and implements solutions; communicates with supervisor regarding unresolved problems.
3. Trains end-users on the use and features of the various operating systems and applications on the various platforms.
4. Configures and installs Windows & Macintosh workstations and peripherals in response to campus needs.
5. Maintains inventory of currently deployed, loaned, recycled and/or stored IT equipment.
6. Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
7. Answer help desk telephones, emails, and work orders to support campus end-users.
8. Maintain inventory.
9. Provide field support to ITS .
Ability to lift and move computers and peripherals.
No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
Minimum Salary Range $10/hour Mid Point Salary Range $10/hour Maximum Salary Range Posting Open Date 09/26/2019 Posting Close Date Posting Will Be Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicant EEO Statement
College of the Mainland is an affirmative action/equal opportunity institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, disability or veteran status.
College of the Mainland does not discriminate on the basis of disability in the recruitment and admission of students, the recruitment and employment of faculty and staff, and the operation of its programs and activities, as specified by federal laws and regulations within Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and 1992.
Quick Link to Share for Direct Access to Posting https://jobs.com.edu/postings/2062 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed to Apply
- Transcripts (1 of 3)
- Cover Letter
- Additional Transcripts (2 of 3)
- Additional Transcripts (3 of 3)
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in Texas City
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Part Time jobs in Texas City
- Computer Sciences & Technology Not specified Part Time jobs in Texas City
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Texas City
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Texas City