Project Portfolio Manager
The Baylor Improvement Group (BIG) works under the direction of the COO to help operationalize BCM Strategy. BIG leads the portfolio management function, builds infrastructure needed to facilitate change, and provides project management expertise and services to the organization. As part of this group, the Enterprise Portfolio Management Associate is responsible for providing project management services for strategic projects for their assigned internal customer groups and building strong collaborative relationships with stakeholder groups across the College.
- Provides project management services on strategic Mission/Central Support Group projects.
- Utilizes Data Analytics to inform projects.
- Utilizes Lean six sigma methodology to provide process improvement services.
- Incorporates change management practices to help improve adoption on projects
- Trains mission/CSG personnel on BCM standards and tools for portfolio management, project management, change management, and process improvement.
- Responsible for building strong relationships with Mission or Central Support Group project sponsors, owners, project managers and other internal clients
- Participates in College efforts to build infrastructure that facilitates effective projects in areas like portfolio management, project management, process improvement, meeting/communication structures, process documentation.
- Manages the project to ensure that implementation and prescribed activities are carried out in accordance with specified objectives.
- Facilitates collaboration between groups to create a project charter, stakeholder analysis, major tasks and deliverables, KPIs, and timelines.
- Drives project execution and helps report project status, raising escalation items as needed.
- Produces high-quality deliverables within a specified timeline.
- Coordinates efforts between various stakeholders; coordinates activities; provides guidance to personnel responsible for specific functions or phases of the project.
- Develops, recommends and implements necessary improvements and changes.
- May prepare or participate in the preparation of a operations and procedures manuals, and other written material and documentation as required.
- May coordinate the scheduling of all projects with both in-house and with outside vendors.
- Monitors project costs and schedule to ensure that the project does not exceed the approved budget or timeline.
- Maintains records of project activities to ensure progress is made toward project objectives and deadlines.
- Develops, implements, and maintains appropriate policies, procedures, and standards concerning projects.
- Regularly interacts with and prepares presentations, analyses, etc. for executive leadership.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Two years of relevant experience.
- Experience with Academic Medical Centers
- Greenbelt Six Sigma Certification
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.