Assistant/Associate Professor of Career and Technical Education
The Virginia Tech School of Education is seeking applications for an assistant/associate professor of Career and Technical Education (CTE) with a focus on agricultural education. This nine-month, tenure track/tenured faculty position begins August 2021 on the Blacksburg, VA, campus.
Responsibilities include conducting an active agenda of research, teaching CTE courses and supervising student teachers in both face-to-face and online environments, and providing service to the School, College, University, and profession. The expected/standard teaching load is two courses per semester with possible summer teaching.
● A doctorate at the time of appointment in Career and Technical Education or other related doctoral degrees with specialization/concentration in CTE and/or agricultural education from an appropriately accredited institution
● Expertise in Agricultural Education
● Record of or strong potential for scholarly research in CTE
● Record of or strong potential for externally funded research
● Evidence of tangible outcomes related to the advancement of diversity, equity, and inclusion
● Record of scholarship, teaching, outreach, and service commensurate with rank
● Record of teaching excellence of CTE courses at the undergraduate and/or graduate level
● Record of supervision excellence with CTE student teachers at the undergraduate and/or graduate level
● Demonstrated experience with and commitment to working with diverse, rural and/or international populations
● Demonstrated experience with Modeling pedagogical practices that develop skills needed for the future CTE workforce
● Demonstrated success in building partnerships with agriculture industries, extension, and/or educational communities
● Significant teaching experience in Agricultural Education at the middle or high school level
● Experience and expertise with online teaching
● Demonstrated ability to integrate current tools for teaching and problem-solving in the laboratory and field environment in agriculture education
● Demonstrated command of concepts and theories associated with teaching and learning in agricultural education contexts.
● CTE program administration experience in middle or high school, post-secondary institution, and/or state/national/international agencies
● Record of grant submissions and acquisitions commensurate with rank
Commensurate with experience
April 27, 2021, and continue until position is filled
To apply, please submit (1) a cover letter detailing your qualifications for the position, (2) a curriculum vitae, (3) a description of your philosophy of agriculture teacher education (2 page maximum), and (4) names and contact information for three references. Application materials must be submitted online at www.jobs.vt.edu , Job number 515668.
Employment is contingent upon submission of official university transcripts and a criminal background check. Occasional travel to national conferences is required.
Questions may be directed to Nancy Bodenhorn, Search Committee Chair, at email@example.com.
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges , a school of medicine , a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School , and Honors College . The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers . A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Sherri Albert at firstname.lastname@example.org during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.
Advertised: April 13, 2021
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Curriculum & Instruction Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Instructional Technology & Design Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Other Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg