Director, Academic Programs, School of Psychology 999480
Xavier University is part of the 500-year-old Jesuit Catholic tradition of academic excellence in the liberal art and is strongly committed to enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity. These values are central to our mission . We strive for a climate of respect and inclusiveness that welcomes and supports members from diverse backgrounds and life experiences, is committed unreservedly to open and free inquiry, and deliberately seeks out multiple perspectives.
This position serves undergraduate and graduate populations, oversees departmental finances, maintains the PsyD program’s APA accreditation, and engages in student recruitment. The ideal candidate looks forward to new challenges and finds satisfaction in dealing with both daily tasks and emerging demands of the School.
- The position involves significant interactions with both current and prospective undergraduate and graduate students. This includes (but is not limited to) responding to all communications from students/prospective students/coworkers in a timely fashion, overseeing the graduate student admissions process (e.g., corresponding with applicants, notifying prospective students of admissions decisions, working to retain students following acceptance), organizing and facilitating graduate program orientation, meeting with undergraduate psychology students to discuss various academic-related issues, and assisting in undergraduate psychology course enrollment procedures. The position serves as a liaison between students and Bursar, Registrar, and Financial Aid offices.
- The position involves maintaining the School of Psychology’s financial records, balances budgets within the School, reviews School budget and moves money to fulfill appropriate requests, collaborates with the Chair and Program Directors to determine the allocation of financial aid/graduate assistantships, and communicates with doctoral practicum entities regarding stipends.
- This position will also be responsible for assisting with the doctoral program’s accreditation process, including updating yearly data for the annual APA report, coordinating with the Director of Clinical Training for maintaining and submitting accreditation data, and monitoring the School of Psychology’s website for accreditation APA requirements.
- Other task oriented duties are assigned as needed.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred
- 3-5 years’ experience
- Excellent written/oral skills, interpersonal skills, and time management skills, along with Microsoft office skills in Outlook, Power Point, Word and Excel are required. Knowledge of Slate and Banner software systems preferred. Must have strong computer skills, adaptability, and the capacity to manage multiple priorities simultaneously. Must be detail-oriented, timely, open to change, and demonstrate genuine care for the wellbeing and success of students. Must value diversity and be committed to contributing to an inclusive and equitable environment within the School of Psychology and Xavier University.
Xavier University is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, skin color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
To ensure consideration, qualified/interested applicants must submit a cover letter, resume and the names and contact information of three professional references on Xavier University's website by April 27, 2021 . Candidates are asked to include their cover letter a brief statement on how they might support/contribute to Xavier’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Social & Behavioral Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Psychology Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati