MALCOLM X COLLEGE
The Data Strategist plays a significant role in the performance measures at Malcolm X College while ensuring fact-based accountability at our programs, employees and system-levels. This position provides strategic data analysis, monitoring strategic metrics, developing and facilitating the tracking of leading performance indicators, and the strategic use of data.
The position provides strategic data analysis, monitoring metrics from various data sources, developing and facilitating the tracking of leading performance indicators, and supporting the college in the strategic use of data.
- Provide data and analytic support: Conduct strategic data analysis, identify insights and implications from institutional data and make strategic recommendations to executive and senior staff. Develop data displays that clearly communicate complex analyses to multiple audiences, including executive and senior staff.
- Facilitate performance metric monitoring: Monitor District and college strategic metrics through performance dialog forums. Work with staff at different levels of the organization to create metrics, set goals and conduct analyses; use operational data in real time to develop and execute action plans focused on improving institutional practices, policies, procedures and ultimately student success. Build structures, tools and routines to institutionalize a data-driven culture of student success.
- Work cross-functionally across the organization: Maintain cross-functional visibility across all departments to help push strategic initiatives forward and surface critical issues. Provide ongoing oversight and support to management and decision making to ensure that measures are being used to effectively manage operations and effect institutional change.
- Develop and refine institutional data capacity through data use: Support development of district/college-wide data collection, analysis and dissemination of policies and practices; train researchers and staff to make meaningful data connections.
- Develop and refine institutional data capacity through knowledge sharing: facilitate regular reviews with district/college team; synthesize and share key insights across projects. Develop, maintain and train teams on infrastructure (such as SharePoint) to support knowledge management. Develop and refine institutional data capacity through capacity building: Help staff use data in real-time, lead data capacity building trainings on data literacy.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a quantitative discipline such as statistics, business, mathematics, economics public policy; or a related field of study
- Master’s degree is highly preferred
- Three years of relevant research experience, with demonstrated experience in quantitative and qualitative research methods and statistics
- A combination of education and experience may be taken into consideration based on the applicant’s credentials
- High level of proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with statistical analysis software such as SAS highly desirable
- Experience in quantitative statistical analysis highly desirable
- Experience in the development of performance metrics and continuous improvement systems and tools desirable
- Familiarity with Access and SQL data query skills a plus
We Offer: Excellent health and welfare benefit package and long-term savings and investment programs including 403(b) & 457(b) Investment Plans and a pension plan with the State University Retirement System (SURS) Plan. Generous vacation, holiday, personal and sick days, and tuition reimbursement. For a more detailed overview of benefits, please visit the benefits page of our website.
Chicago residency is required for all full-time employees within 6 months of hire.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago!