The Department of Civil, Environmental, and Architectural Engineering (CEAE) encourages applications for a Temporary Researcher ! The position entails developing and delivering final project virtual tours, jury presentations, and closeout reports for the current Solar Decathlon Build Challenge.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
Department of Civil, Environmental, and Architectural Engineering
The fields of civil, environmental and architectural engineering offer careers in the planning, design, construction and management of the built environment as well as in the interaction between the built environment and the natural environment. The Civil, Environmental and Architectural Engineering Department's mission is the education of undergraduate and graduate students to become leaders in the professional practice of engineering, contributing to technological advances that benefit humankind while enhancing the earth’s physical and biological resources.
Solar Decathlon Project
The University of Colorado Boulder Solar Decathlon Team aims to address the housing attainability crisis and construction challenges faced by mountain towns across the country.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Develop content for virtual tours of the Solar Decathlon house.
- Deliver virtual tours.
- Develop content for jury presentations.
- Deliver presentations.
- Create a final project closeout report.
What You Should Know
- Please note- this position is ineligible for benefits and vacation leave.
- A background check will be required in accordance with the Boulder Campus Background Check Policy.
- This position will start in April 2021 and end in May 2021.
What We Can Offer
- The salary for this position will be $18.00/hour.
- Temporary employees accrue at a rate of 0.034 sick hours for each hour worked.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits , including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder .
Be Ambitious. Be Collaborative. Be Boulder.
What We Require
What You Will Need
- Previous involvement in the Solar Decathlon project.
- Ability to communicate about architectural engineering systems including but not limited to structural, mechanical, and lighting, as well as construction management practices.
What We Would Like You To Have
Previous or current leadership role in the Solar Decathlon project.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- OPTIONAL: Cover letter
During the application process you will need to enter contact information for one reference who will be contacted to provide a letter of recommendation if you are selected as a finalist. A letter of recommendation will be required for final candidates before they are hired.
For consideration please apply by April 15, 2021 .
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs .
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: Recruiting@colorado.edu