The Department of Civil, Environmental, and Architectural Engineering (CEAE) encourages applications for a Lab Researcher to perform analytical chemistry analysis and provide laboratory based research on disinfection.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
Mark Hernandez is the S J Archuleta Professor of Civil and Environmental Engineering; he directs the Environmental Engineering Microbiology and Disinfection Lab at the University of Colorado. This lab focuses on the characterization and control of microbiological air pollution and microbially induced corrosion. The lab develops genetic, biochemical and toxicological techniques to assess the efficacy of engineering interventions in sectors of sanitary engineering and industrial hygiene that are relevant to environmental health. There is special focus on aerobiology science for wide-area surveillance, indoor cleaning technology and the design of aerosol disinfection systems in the built environment.
The fields of civil, environmental and architectural engineering offer careers in the planning, design, construction and management of the built environment as well as in the interaction between the built environment and the natural environment. The Civil, Environmental and Architectural Engineering Department's mission is the education of undergraduate and graduate students to become leaders in the professional practice of engineering, contributing to technological advances that benefit humankind while enhancing the earth’s physical and biological resources.
What You Should Know
- Please note- this position is ineligible for benefits and vacation leave.
- A background check will be required in accordance with the Boulder Campus Background Check Policy.
- A letter of recommendation will be required for final candidates before they are hired.
What We Can Offer
- The salary for this position will be $14.00/hour.
- Temporary employees accrue at a rate of 0.034 sick hours for each hour worked.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits , including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder .
Be Ambitious. Be Collaborative. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- MS degree in environmental engineering.
- Previous laboratory experience in analytical chemistry.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- OPTIONAL: Cover Letter
During the application process you will need to enter contact information for one reference who will be contacted to provide a letter of recommendation if you are selected as a finalist. A letter of recommendation will be required for final candidates before they are hired.
For consideration please apply by April 16, 2021 .
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs .
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: Recruiting@colorado.edu
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in Boulder
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Part Time jobs in Boulder
- Chemistry & Biochemistry Not specified Part Time jobs in Boulder
- Engineering Not specified Part Time jobs in Boulder
- Geology & Earth Sciences Not specified Part Time jobs in Boulder