The accountant is responsible for basic accounting functions, reconciling accounts, and assistance with projects.
- Processing of P-Cards, expense reports, and credit card activity
- Cash deposits
- Journal entries
- Process accounts payable
- Payroll reconciliation
- Prepaid expense accounting
- Other accounting tasks as needed
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in accounting or related field
- 1 - 2 years of experience
- Excellent oral and written communications
- Excellent attention to detail
- Workday experience preferred but not required
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Process accounts payable transactions, including but not limited to; assemble, review, and verify invoices and check requests, ensuring that payments are timely and accurate
- Prepare financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends
- Prepare corporate credit card activity, expense reports, and journal entries
- Assist with streamlining the current accounts payable functions to best business practices to improve efficiency and effectiveness of current processes
- Prepare and enter journal entries in Workday for month-end close.
- Reconcile general ledger accounts and update schedules
- Assist with preparation of audit and Form 990 schedules
- Assist with the process of annual 1099 forms
- Provide backup assistance to other accounting functions, as needed
- Maintain historical accounting and finance records by filing/scanning documents
- Assist with special projects, as needed
Founded in 1847, Carthage College combines an environment of reflection and self-discovery with a culture of high expectation, so that our students uncover and ignite their true potential. As a four-year private liberal arts college with roots in the Lutheran tradition, we place a strong emphasis on both moral and intellectual values. Our prime location in Kenosha, Wisconsin, midway between Chicago and Milwaukee, allows students the opportunity to learn in a professional context. Our beautiful campus, an 80-acre arboretum on the shore of Lake Michigan is home to 150 scholars, 2,600 full-time students, and 400 part-time students. Our rich academic experience equips students with foundational knowledge and skills, preparing graduates to be lifelong learners and to lead meaningful, productive lives.
Carthage College is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse community. We welcome applications from a broad spectrum of people, including members of ethnic minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.