Assistant Professor of Occupational Therapy
Job Summary/Basic Function
At Maryville University, we power dreams-not just degrees. Our vision is to be the innovative leader in higher education promoting a revolution in student learning that expands access and opportunities for all.
Maryville University is searching for a tenure-track Assistant Professor of Occupational Therapy to join the Walker College of Health Professions. We seek educators who think and use engaging pedagogy to help our students deepen their learning and broaden their perspectives. The candidate must be committed to fostering a positive, culturally diverse atmosphere for faculty, staff and students.
Responsibilities for all faculty members:
• Teach assigned courses as specified employing a variety of pedagogical styles to effectively deliver course content.
• Create a learning environment that is conducive to student learning by developing creative, challenging and evidence-based learning opportunities.
• Use learning assessment information to improve teaching and curriculum; participate in quality improvement initiatives to meet program and institutional goals.
• Foster a teaching-learning environment that values and supports the diversity of students’ ideas, opinions, and backgrounds and prepares them for success in a culturally diverse work force.
• Ensure that program and course outcomes are assessed for continuous improvement.
• Work closely with advisees to facilitate students’ academic and personal success.
• Propose and work toward a productive research/scholarship agenda consonant with the demands of a teaching-focused institution.
• Serve on School and University committees as needed.
• Foster mutually beneficial relationships with community partners to build fieldwork and career opportunities and cutting-edge curriculum.
• Two years of professional experience.
• OTD or other doctoral degree from a regionally accredited institution.
• Student-centered approach and passion for teaching and mentoring a diverse student population.
• Strong commitment to serving students, department, university and profession.
• Prior higher education teaching experience.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Teaching philosophy, letter of professional interest indicating area(s) of focus and approach to meeting the responsibilities outlined above for the chosen position, curriculum vitae, and unofficial transcript(s) must be attached to complete the application process.
Final rank will be determined based upon qualifications.
An offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background screening.
Applicants requiring University sponsorship to obtain employment authorization will not be considered for this position.
Maryville University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and prohibits discrimination on the basis of age, disability, gender, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race/color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. This extends to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruiting, hiring, training, on-the-job treatment, promotion, layoff, and termination.
Advertised: April 13, 2021
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Creve Coeur
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Creve Coeur
- Curriculum & Instruction Not specified Full Time jobs in Creve Coeur
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Creve Coeur
- Kinesiology, Exercise Physiology & Physical Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Creve Coeur