Assistant Director of Financial Aid
Job Summary/Basic Function
The Assistant Director of Financial Aid will participate in the daily function of the Division of Operational Excellence with primary focus on the administration of the student loan programs in compliance with Federal regulations and the University Code of Ethics regarding student and parent loans as well as the Federal Teach Grant Program.
• Complete Entrance/ Exit Counseling & Disbursement Notifications – update Colleague action codes and remove HOLDS. Notify 1st time borrowers of the need to complete Entrance Counseling and when completed, the date is recorded and the award is updated for fund disbursement. Notify withdrawing, graduating and drop below half-time enrollment of need to complete exit counseling and update record. Distribute notifications of each disbursement to each borrower for each loan program within 14 days of disbursement.
• Respond to inquiries through chat, cases, email, phone, and office visit regarding loans, disbursements, and general financial aid inquiries from Solution Squad team members, students, parents, and others.
• Maintain Monthly Loan and Teach Grant reconciliation maintaining average funding and loan debt.
• Manage Student loans as well as Grad Plus & Parent Plus loans including follow-up to complete the loan process for each loan on the federal loan website and Colleague AIDE screen to insure correct and timely disbursement.
• Identify students for Late Disbursement if possible and follow appropriate procedures to attempt to salvage funding.
• Provide Financial Literacy materials for various segments of prospective, current and post student populations.
• Maintain loan certifications and disbursement records for private loans
• Complete the University certification for the MOFELP Program Review enrollment and financial aid eligibility to process Book Voucher requests, communicate with M store regarding book voucher processing
• Administer the Teach Grant program including notification & completion of the agreement to serve and follow up notification of disbursement
• Provide all supporting loan documents for annual Audit. Meet with Auditor annually to review loan processes.
• Assist with Verification & Packaging functions as needed. Transmit Aid and distribute to all appropriate FA staff for review, provide support for other Financial Aid functions as assigned. Provide phone queue back up as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree or 3 years of equivalent professional/technical experience
• Knowledge of federal, state, and private rules, regulations, and guidelines governing the administration of internal and external financial aid programs
• Familiarity with accounting principles
• Basic knowledge of the interrelationship among education information centers (i.e., Registrar’s Office, Cashier’s Office, Admissions Office)
• Knowledge of Colleague UI Financial Aid, Admissions, Registrar’s screens
• Familiarity with federal software (COD, NSLDS, SAIG, IFAP, FAFSA), state software (FAMOUS)
• Knowledge of computers and computer software (Word and Excel)
• Excellent written and interpersonal skills
• Ability to communicate technical details to non-technical staff in an understandable way and to actively listen to all parties
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team, on multiple projects; ability to multi-task
• Ability to be adaptable, intuitive, and flexible
• Strong sense of initiative; self-starter
• Ability to meet strict deadlines
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
An offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background screening.
Applicants requiring University sponsorship to obtain employment authorization will not be considered for this position.
Maryville University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and prohibits discrimination on the basis of age, disability, gender, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race/color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. This extends to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruiting, hiring, training, on-the-job treatment, promotion, layoff, and termination.
Advertised: April 13, 2021
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Creve Coeur
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Creve Coeur
- Financial Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Creve Coeur
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Creve Coeur
- Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar Not specified Full Time jobs in Creve Coeur