Director, Project Management and Alignment Office
Job Summary/Basic Function
The Director, Program Management and Alignment coordinates efforts to identify, select, and prioritize information technology projects and programs based upon their alignment and contribution to the university’s goals and objectives. This position also manages high-visibility technology implementations, ensuring that teams are aligned, communicating effectively, and projects are delivered on time and successfully.
- Facilitate and coordinate the efforts to establish the IT project portfolio. This includes the evaluation, selection, and prioritization of projects, resource identification and management, and execution strategy.
- Work with sponsors and stakeholders from multiple constituencies to define objectives, goals, success criteria, and project scope.
- Work with IT leadership to align technology roadmaps with university goals and objectives.
- Develop project charter, scope and timeline; identify resources needed to meet objectives; track, evaluate, and communicate project progress and performance.
- Conduct regular reviews to validate initiatives are in scope and on schedule
- Manage the risk, issue, and change resolution process, work with other leaders to take corrective action as needed
- Conduct lessons learned sessions during project close-out to identify successes and opportunities for improvement
- Develop reporting standards for all initiatives; publish regular executive level reporting with updates on project activities
- Develop and lead the IT Program Management and Alignment Office to ensure quality, consistency and oversight of information technology projects by developing and maintaining project management methodologies, standards, and tools
- Manage the project intake process and assist teams in navigating the process through effective project definition, refinement and initiation
- Support various technical and functional managers by training on project management best practices, procedures, and processes
- Bachelor's degree with at least 6 years of project management experience
- Demonstrated experience managing multi-phased, highly complex information technology projects
- Experience leading technical implementations with cross functional diverse teams (IT and stakeholders) including vendors
- Highly collaborative with outstanding communication and relationship management skills
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills with the ability to communicate succinctly and effectively across all levels of the organization
- Experience using project management tools such as Microsoft Project or similar
- Experience developing and deploying project management best practices, procedures, and processes
• PMI (Project Management Institute) certified PMP
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
An offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background screening.
Applicants requiring University sponsorship to obtain employment authorization will not be considered for this position.
Maryville University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and prohibits discrimination on the basis of age, disability, gender, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race/color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. This extends to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruiting, hiring, training, on-the-job treatment, promotion, layoff, and termination.
Advertised: April 13, 2021
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Creve Coeur
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Creve Coeur
- Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Creve Coeur
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Creve Coeur
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Creve Coeur