Social Media & Digital Marketing Coordinator
Under the leadership of the Director of Public Relations, the Social Media & Digital Marketing Coordinator works within University Marketing & Communications (UMAC) to oversee and execute Dixie State University’s official social media presence, assist and guide campus-wide social media efforts, and manage digital marketing campaigns. Additional information about the department is online at https://umac.dixie.edu/ .
- Facilitate DSU's social media efforts, including the implementation of strategies to drive enrollment, promote large events, increase brand awareness, and maintain a positive online presence.
- Engage with social media users and respond to their posts, direct messages, etc. in a timely manner.
- Create quality social media content including photos, videos, images with graphic design elements, and written content. Cover important events through in-person social media.*NOTE: $1,000 of base salary is dedicated specifically for equipment upgrades, due to the position requiring near constant use of cell phone to perform job functions.
- Manage DSU's crowd-sourced blog and Merit program-related efforts.
- Work with the Vice President of Marketing & Communications to create digital advertising campaigns and build the ads for DSU's digital advertising presence.
- Serve as social media support for all DSU departments; provide trainings to the campus regarding social media guidelines and best practices. Maintain social media branding guidelines and enforce such guidelines with all DSU affiliated social media sites; ensure social media policies are kept up-to-date.
- Work with the Public Relations Director and others on special projects and other duties as assigned (i.e. public relations outreach, website, writing support, school's brand story, etc.).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in a communication discipline (Marketing, English, Journalism, etc.), graphic design, or other related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Individuals who will obtain their bachelor’s degree by May 2021 will be considered.
- Two years of related job experience (social media, marketing, promotions, and/or public relations) is preferred.
- Experience working on social media campaigns in all major social media platforms, such as but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, SnapChat, Tumblr, Periscope, Vine, and Pinterest is required.
- Knowledge of best practices across all social media platforms is required.
- Ability to collaborate, work well as part of a creative team, and take direction while also working independently is required.
- Ability to be organized, detail-oriented, meet deadlines, and think strategically is required.
- Knowledge of general office practices and procedures and comfortable dealing with a wide range of stakeholders is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; able to exercise effective interpersonal skills in establishing and maintaining working relationships with the university community is required.
- Design experience and proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite is preferred.
- Experience with photography and videography and various editing software is preferred.
- Strong experience in editing and writing in various styles, such as feature, news, captions is preferred.
POSITION DETAILS, COMPENSATION & BENEFITS: Full-time classified staff (overtime-eligible) position. Annual salary of $42,000+ depending on qualifications & experience. Desired start date of June 1, 2021. Excellent benefits package included (see https://humanresources.dixie.edu/employee-benefits/ under "Benefits Summary" for more details).
ELECTRONIC APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Application review begins April 28 , 2021 . Submit examples of your social media campaigns, photography, videography, graphic design, or social media content writing in addition to a cover letter, resume, and contact information (including email) for three professional references electronically. If, because of a disability, you need special services or facilities in order to apply for this opening, please call the Human Resources Office at (435) 652-7520.
ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY: Dixie State University is an open, inclusive, comprehensive, polytechnic institution committed to exceptional student learning and success. DSU has adopted an instructional approach of "active learning. active life" and a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship. We seek faculty and staff committed to providing students with an active, applied and career-oriented learning environment that is student-centered. Established in 1911 as a community college and in 2013 as a state university, DSU is located in picturesque southwestern Utah with its red rocks, desert climate, over 300 days of sunshine annually, and featuring easy access to world-class outdoor recreational opportunities. The nearest metropolitan area is Las Vegas, NV (120 miles) with amenities such as an international airport and professional sporting teams. Click here to learn more about the University.
Dixie State currently has approximately 12,000 students and has been a fast-growing Utah public institution of higher education over the last several years. We offer over 210 programs, including masters, bachelors, associates, certificates, endorsements, minors, and/or emphases. DSU seeks to recruit and retain diverse and ambitious faculty and staff who bring new ideas, possess values and career aspirations aligned with the mission and vision, and are inspired to build a premier open, inclusive, comprehensive, polytechnic university. DSU is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer; the President and employees of DSU are fully committed to Affirmative Action and within its programs and activities, including in admissions and employment, Dixie State University does not discriminate or tolerate discrimination, including harassment, based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by University policy, Title IX, or any other federal, state or local law.
The following individuals have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the application of Title IX and its implementing regulations and/or DSU’s non-discrimination policies:
- Director of Equity Compliance / Title IX Coordinator: Hazel Sainsbury - email@example.com , HCC 579, 435-652-7747.
- Deputy Title IX Coordinator: Abby Del Giacco - firstname.lastname@example.org , 435-652-7731.
- U.S. Department of Education, Office of Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, email@example.com , 800-421-3481.
- U.S. Department of Education, Denver Regional Office, firstname.lastname@example.org , 303-844-5695.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George
- Communications Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George
- Digital Media Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George
- Other Communications Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George
- Public Relations & Advertising Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George