Executive Director for the Division of Professional and Continuing Education (PaCE)
The University of New Orleans (UNO) is recognized as a nationally ranked research university with a strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. UNO is a student-centered institute of higher learning, providing hands-on educational opportunities to over 8,000 students. The Carnegie Foundation classifies UNO as a Doctoral University with Higher Research Activity, one of only two in Louisiana.
Applications are invited for the position of Executive Director for the Division of Professional and Continuing Education (PaCE) at the University of New Orleans (UNO). This position is responsible for providing leadership and oversight of the division's operations in support of expanding professional non-credit (and potentially for credit) programs, developing new programs, establishing partnerships, negotiating contracts, marketing professional education (F2F and online) and providing overall quality assurance. The Executive Director will be charged with building the reputation of PaCE, ensuring the division's profitability and establishing a robust curricular foundation from which to expand the division's offerings in the future.
This position directly reports to the Provost and Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs.
ROLES and RESPONSIBILITIES
The Executive Director will lead the expansion of the division by identifying new opportunities for programs (online, hybrid, or traditional) that provide matriculated and non-matriculated students, life-long learners and practicing professionals with the skills and knowledge required to meet the evolving needs of New Orleans and beyond. The successful candidate will employ diplomacy and advocacy to regularly create mutually beneficial opportunities for the University and industry/business, strengthen the University's relationship with our industry partners, and identify job opportunities for students that correspond to their academic and professional goals. The Executive Director will oversee financial and personnel management associated with the delivery of all the division's programs and ensure its profitability. The person in this position will provide oversight for the development of strategically selected continuing education, online, summer session, course cluster and certificate programs, institutes, and degree programs, as needed and appropriate. Specifically, the Executive Director will
- Implement sound budget management, including the development of cost estimates and planning for future program needs to achieve profitability in the near term; analyze and recommend, and seek and secure external revenue resources; monitor the unit's financial condition to maintain fiscal viability.
- Plan, develop, and administer continuing education programs that reflects community needs and industry needs and expectations based on conducted assessments.
- Direct and manage administrative functions of the division, including financial affairs, office management, internal and external program support, staff supervision and student concerns.
- In conjunction with staff and other stakeholders, develop and implement a strategic plan outlining short-term and long-term goals, objectives, action plan, and assessment strategies. Oversee program changes and modifications. Make recommendations for different programs, functions and services. Identify partnership opportunities between the University and industry.
- Recruit, select and orient PaCE instructors and ensure that credentials meet all requirements. Coordinate with campus units and administration to improve outreach to adult, veteran, professional and other nontraditional student populations.
- Engage in regional and national conversations regarding professional and continuing education to incorporate best practices as appropriate.
- Participate in the development of publications that market the services of the division. Direct and approve marketing activities such as advertising, website, student outreach, promotion and publicity both within and outside the University.
- Closely collaborate with academic Deans and other campus leaders to ensure PaCE planning and programming align with the rest of the campus.
- Establish mutually beneficial relationships with local, regional, national and international organizations.
- Develop, foster, and maintain relationships with regional and national employers to benefit PaCE students’ professional development in collaboration with the career center and the division of Experiential Learning and Community Engagement (ELCE). This includes conducting industry consultations, building and maintaining relations to increase engagement and employment connections for PaCE students.
- Oversee assessments, data tracking and analysis relative to employer outreach, industry engagement and employment-related activities for students and employers.
- Act as the liaison between the University and some of its key partners. The liaison must maintain accurate organizational charts for all organizations they are assigned to work with, develop viable annual plans that work to strengthen ties to key contacts in each organization, and properly position the University and its programs and initiatives for ongoing and meaningful philanthropic support.
- Employ a proactive approach to problem-solving, improving interactions with stakeholders and communications with partners that will result in University of New Orleans students being provided with regular opportunities to obtain jobs and internships.
- Serve on various committees as needed.
- Manage enrollment data for PaCE.
The ideal candidate is student-focused, detail-oriented, self-motivated and analytical with solid customer service skills. Exceptional presentation skills and the ability to work collaboratively with a wide variety of constituents are essential. Ideally, the successful candidate will have a strong work ethic, strong and established skills in business development and networking, experience with reporting and administrative work, and a high level of professionalism. The ideal candidate will be able to meet the following qualifications:
- A master's degree from an accredited institution OR an equivalent combination of experience, training and education.
- At least three years of demonstrated, progressive administrative leadership and business/entrepreneurial success with a proven record of accomplishment in strengthening and expanding self-sustaining continuing and professional education programs.
- Demonstrated experience working independently and in a collaborative manner with employee groups, constituents and community members.
- Experience using program management skills to conduct environmental scans to assess the needs of the region and external populations and develop appropriate programs to expand UNO's continuing and online education offerings.
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service excellence.
- Demonstrated experience developing, planning and executing, and measuring outcomes of department-level projects.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Significant budget development and implementation ability.
- Demonstrated ability to create educational partnerships/training programs with private industry, local, state, and federal governments, and professional organizations consistent with the vision and mission of the University.
- Knowledge of public higher education that includes experience in how self-sustaining programs contribute to the University.
Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in New Orleans
- Academic Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in New Orleans
- Adult & Continuing Education Programs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in New Orleans
- Other Academic Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in New Orleans