Data Management Specialist (Grant-funded) Part-time
Data Management Specialist (Grant-funded) Part-time
9700 Wade Blvd, Preston Ridge Campus
Frisco, Texas, 75035
We are searching for an experiencedData Management Specialist (Grant-funded) Part-time.
**This position is 100% grant-funded. Therefore, this position will be contingent upon continued external funding.**
Work closely with college district departments, Admissions, Financial Aid, and Administrative Programming to ensure student records maintain compliance with established data standards. Collaborate with associate registrars and the technical team to develop and enhance automation procedures to deliver timely and accurate record processing. Enter various data into students records and assist students with the admissions processes and ensuring data accuracy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review state reports for accuracy of data entry, flagging student accounts that are not reportable and working to resolve discrepancies with Bursar's Office, Institutional Research, Records Manager, and Associate Registrar.
- Monitor the Axiom application verifier and resolve data conflicts to include identifying and merging double collegewide IDs (CWIDs) and correcting misdirected student record downloads.
- Communicate with students in person, over the telephone, and by email in a friendly and professional manner. Perform essential job functions accurately under time constraints and deadlines while maintaining professionalism with students and cooperation with co-workers.
- Process requests for transcription of non-traditional credit according to District policy and SACS criteria including credit-by-exam, CLEP, and advanced placement.
- Process master record changes to include name, SSN, and address changes. Ensure proper documentation is provided and residency codes are changed in accordance with state policies.
- Review student majors in workforce fields for accuracy.
- Review student options for embedded credentialing while pursuing associate degrees via Cougar Compass Degree Audit system.
- Follow-up with recent workforce graduates to record career impact.
- Identify class options that lead to career-boosting testing to identify other certifications achieved by workforce students.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties to maintain all standards in accordance with College policies, procedures and Core Values.
Associate degree from a regionally accredited institution. Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution preferred.
Two (2) years of related experience OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
At least (60) semester hours or at least two (2) additional years of directly related experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of admissions and records practices
- Knowledge of Argos reports
- Knowledge of Banner Student Information System (SIS)
- Knowledge of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Knowledge of Texas Success Initiative (TSI) requirements
- Must have highly effective interpersonal skills
- Organizational skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Ability to pay attention to details
- Ability to utilize time management skills as well as multi-tasking
- Ability to work with little supervision
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Sedentary Work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, a negligible amount of force frequently, and/or constantly having to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met. Positions in this class typically require talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions. Relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards. Office environment. Little physical effort required.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore, candidates will be subject to a criminal background check. ***
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
Employment Type: Part-time Staff
Compensation Type: Hourly
Compensation Range: $15.56 - 15.57
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or email@example.com .
Collin College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney
- Academic Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney
- Academic Administration Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney
- Computer Services & Information Technology Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney