Accounts Receivable Associate
Accounts Receivable Associate
4800 Preston Park Blvd, Courtyard Campus
Plano, Texas, 75093
We are searching for an experienced Accounts Receivable Associate
Responsible for the collection, posting, and daily reconciliation of various account transactions. Maintain petty cash funds, including reconciling, reviewing reimbursement requests, and replenishment of funds. Distribute Accounts Payable checks, as needed, to students and staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of authorized third party vendor contracts, posting students to contracts, and timely vendor invoicing in compliance with required standards.
- Provide accurate information to students regarding their account balances and assist students, faculty, staff, and the general public in a timely, friendly, and professional manner.
- Assist Bursar and A/R Coordinator in the maintenance, collection, and reconciliation of student records.
- Balance transaction receipts with deposit records and reconcile cashiering batches to student host system entries. Provide for the safekeeping, accurate accounting, and timely deposit of all monies received.
- Confer with students by telephone, mail, and email to secure payment on delinquent accounts, comply with all state and federal regulations and college policies and procedures.
- Editing the Collin Web site (Bursar area only). Proofread documents for the Bursar department before final print.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties to maintain all standards in accordance with College policies, procedures and Core Values.
Associate Degree from a regionally accredited institution and two (2) years related experience in cash handling and/or billing.
High School Diploma/GED and at least four (4) years of related experience OR Bachelor's degree and higher and one (1) year of related experience may be used to meet the minimum requirements for this position.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Microsoft Word and Excel knowledge
- Bookkeeping/accounting knowledge
- Basic accounting invoicing knowledge
- Banner knowledge
- TouchNet knowledge
- Bursar and Collin College policies knowledge
- FERPA knowledge
- Basic office skills
- Written and verbal skills
- Computer navigation skills
- Customer Service skills
- Web editing skills
- Time-management skills
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Ability to use a 10-key
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Sedentary Work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, a negligible amount of force frequently, and/or constantly having to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met. Positions in this class typically require talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions. Relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards. Office environment. Little physical effort required.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.***
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
Employment Type: Full-time Staff
Compensation Type: Annual
Compensation Range: $34,309.00 - 39,455.00
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or email@example.com .
Collin College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Financial Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Auxiliary Services Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney