Senior Director of Admissions
South University, the right direction for a brighter future.
Tuition Assistant Program
Long/Short Term Disability
Employee Assistance Program
Generous Paid Time Off
12 Paid Holidays
* includes domestic partner coveragePOSITION SUMMARY: Incumbent is responsible for assisting the campuses in attaining admissions goals, in particular inquiry conversion to enrollments, and enrollments to new student matriculation at plan. Incumbent must assure that the South University philosophy is considered in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this position: quality services to clients; development, growth, involvement, and recognition of employees; sound economic principles; and maintenance of an environment which is conducive to innovation, positive thinking and expansion.
KEY JOB ELEMENTS:
- Establishes forecasts and achieves new student start rate and readmissions plans.
- Assures adequate staffing levels and productivity through effective personnel management.This includes but is not limited to selection and hiring of employees coupled with their being training, developed, motivated, and effectively managed.This includes admissions teams receiving regular feedback, observation and support; monthly, quarterly and annual performance reviews; new hire and veteran training; turnover prevention.
- Responsible for achieving conversions of inquiry to applicant; and applicant to new student standards.
- Manage school's admissions budget and monitor inquiry source results and cost effectiveness.
- Responsible for local inquiry generation and database marketing.
- Generates marketing plans to support inquiry conversion and applicant lock-in.
- Ensures compliance with all SU policies and procedures, ethical standards, and compliance with all federal, state and accreditation requirements.
- Partners with other EC members, faculty and staff to assure a vibrant perpetual student recruitment environment.
- Core Values unify the culture of South University and represent the guiding principles that influence the company's vision, mission, and performance outcomes.
- Doing the Right Thing.Conveys a position of principle even during opposition.Takes appropriate action to heighten awareness and influence positive change.
- Integrity.Conducts all activities honestly and fairly to create an environment of mutual trust and equity.
- Respect.Openly shows appreciation for the ideas and contributions of others to create an environment of collaboration, involvement and growth.
- Providing Value.Continuously seeks to understand the requirements of all constituencies.Makes collaborative decisions to ensure needs are met or exceeded through the delivery of quality services.
- Excellence.Displays a commitment to exceptional quality that creates an environment of innovation, positive thinking and continuous improvement.
- Learning-Centered Focus.Actively supports an outcomes-based, learning-centered culture through the delivery/support of an engaging educational delivery system.
- Bachelor's Degree preferably in a business or sales related discipline.
- Minimum five years of increasingly responsible experience managing a sales effort in the area of undergraduate/graduate student recruitment or intangible products or five years working in a university admissions office leading a team.
- Proven ability to inspire, motivate and lead a sales team.
- Polished verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience handling employee relations matters.
- Experience with the hiring process is required.
- The individual must be able to travel locally and to out of the area to the corporate office or other offsite locations for a variety of conferences and meetings.Travel generally does not exceed 10%.
The duties and characteristics described in this job description are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required see, talk or hear, and is frequently required to be mobile.The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds.The vision requirements include ability to adjust focus and close vision.
South University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success. We are committed to building and developing a diverse environment where a variety of ideas, cultures and perspectives can thrive. Other details Job Family All Positions Pay Type Salary Required Education Bachelor's Degree
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in West Palm Beach
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in West Palm Beach
- Affirmative Action & Equal Opportunity Not specified Full Time jobs in West Palm Beach
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in West Palm Beach
- Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar Not specified Full Time jobs in West Palm Beach