Director of Didactic Education, Physician Assistant
South University, the right direction for a brighter future.
Tuition Assistant Program
Long/Short Term Disability
Employee Assistance Program
Generous Paid Time Off
12 Paid Holidays
* includes domestic partner coveragePOSITION SUMMARY: The Director of Didactic Education is responsible for oversight of all aspects of the didactic phase of the Physician Assistant Program. It is expected that the Director of Didactic Education will provide effective leadership toward meeting program and Student Learning Outcomes related to the pre-clinical phase of the program. The Director of Didactic Education will work with the Program Director and other members of the PA Faculty to ensure that students consistently meet the program's Student Learning Outcomes. The Director of Didactic Education will work to ensure that the program‘s didactic phase is in compliance with all ARC-PA accreditation standards pertaining to didactic training. The Director of Didactic Education should work in synergy with his/her counteract at other PA program campuses within South University. The incumbent must assure that the South University philosophy is considered in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this position: quality services to clients; development, growth, involvement, and recognition of employees; sound economic principles; and maintenance of an environment, which is conducive to innovation, positive thinking and expansion.
KEY JOB ELEMENTS:
- Performs Faculty responsibilities as outlined in the Faculty job description and the Faculty Supplement to the South University Employee Handbook.
- Designs and delivers instruction in alignment with the South University model.
- Relates professional/life/industry experience to learning by continuing professional/ technical skills development, and introducing professional/industry perspective into courses.
- Promotes student success by showing flexibility and exhibiting a passion for teaching and students.
- Serves as an instructor in the PA program including
- Provides input to assist with ongoing program assessment, improvement, and accreditation activities.
- Communicates consistently and eﬀectively with Supervisors, University Administrators, Faculty, and other South University Departments.
- Manages the learning environment through keeping accurate records and enforcing academic policies consistent with the University, College/School, Campus, or Online Division.
- Adheres to university policies as described in the Employee Handbook, the Faculty Supplement to the Employee Handbook, job description, or other separate guidelines.
- Remains in compliance with South University's academic policies and procedures, educational policies, both SACSCOC and programmatic accreditation standards, and state agency regulations.
- Serves as an academic advisor and provides remedial instruction as needed.
- Assists with the investigation of student problems requiring academic actions according to South University policies and procedures.
- Assists with the curriculum development and revision/process regarding the program (as necessary).
- Attends identified meetings with the Program Advisory Council (PAC), which meets at least twice per year.
- Upholds Program/Department/College initiatives designed to achieve student outcomes, and Campus/community relations.
- Serves as the Co-Chair of the PA Department's Curriculum Committee in conjunction with counterpart(s) from other PA program(s) within the department.
- Oversees curriculum development, which includes the design and implementation of the program's Didactic phase with the program's Student Learning Outcomes and PA competencies.
- Oversees evaluation of the didactic phase of the program to include didactic course, student, and instructional faculty.
- Works with the Program Director to coordinate recruitment of full time and adjunct Faculty for the didactic phase of the program.
- Works with the Program Director to design and implement Faculty development initiatives for didactic instructional full time and adjunct Faculty.
- Participates in the program's admissions process to include application review, candidate interviews, and selection meetings.
- Collaborates with the Director of Clinical Education and Assistant Director of Didactic Education on ongoing assessment of student performance toward attaining the program's Student Learning Outcomes.
- Participates in service and/or scholarly endeavors appropriate to the role of Director of Didactic Education and PA Faculty.
- Completes professional development and in‐service activities each year as outlined in the faculty supplement.
- Terminal Degree as a Physician Assistant; Current NCCPA Certification; eligible for state licensure as a PA.
- Three (3) years academic experience (preferred); 5 years clinical experience (required).
- Experience in PA/Medical classroom teaching and PA Education Administration highly (preferred).
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong interpersonal skills with student and staff populations.
- Strong computer skills. MS Office Suite, WebAdMIT
**South University Austin has applied for accreditation for the Physician's Assistant program to begin in January 2023. Should accreditation not be received from ARC-PA, the staff and faculty hired will be released from employment.
South University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success. We are committed to building and developing a diverse environment where a variety of ideas, cultures and perspectives can thrive. Other details Job Family All Positions Pay Type Salary Required Education Master's Degree
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Austin
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Austin
- Education Administration & Leadership Not specified Full Time jobs in Austin
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Austin
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Austin