Financial Analyst - Clinical Trials
University Code 34124 University Title Associate Research Administrator 1 University Job Family Research - Support ORP Eligible No For more information on ORP, visit: Retirement Plans
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Recruitment Type Multi Title Scope of Search Local Working Title Financial Analyst - Clinical Trials Position Number 573560 Is this employee on a H1B Visa? No Position Type Staff Job Status Full-Time FLSA Indicator Exempt Employee Group University Employee Department School of Medicine Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
The School of Medicine ( SOM ) Research Administration team is seeking a candidate with strong finance, analytical and communication skills to join our clinical trials group. The SOM Research Administration team is committed to supporting VCU clinical researchers in advancing medical science in our region. Clinical research is a continually expanding area in healthcare; your financial skills can be applied to clinical trials budget development and negotiation. The selected candidate will be trained according to developed standards and practices. This individual will work with industry sponsors as well as SOM clinical researchers and study teams, administration and institutional offices to ensure efficient and effective financial implementation of SOM clinical studies. The top candidate will further develop their financial skills by learning budget development, negotiation and how to ensure a proper hand-off of an approved budget to the postaward financial managers of the study. This position provides an opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment with potential for career growth in the field of Research Administration for those presenting a willingness to learn and ability to work collaboratively with a diverse group of faculty and staff.
Minimum Hiring Standards
• Bachelor’s degree in business management, finance, accounting or equivalent applicable combination of training, education and experience.
• Strong organizational, time management and communication skills. Attention to detail is key. Ability to set priorities, make timely decisions and meet deadlines while working on multiple projects.
• Excellent customer service, verbal and written communication. Ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively in a large and complex organization and in a diverse and fast-paced work environment.
• Candidates must possess the ability to acquire new skills or hone existing skills in the following areas: Develop and negotiate clinical trial budgets; create/revise/implement reports, tracking tools, professional documents; read and interpret complex contractual and budget terms, with guidance and standards provided.
• Strong problem solving and time management skills are essential, including ability to adapt to frequent changes in work assignments; manage competing priorities and deadlines.
• Must be proficient in the use of computers with an ability to learn new systems and software applications with ease.
Preferred Hiring Standards
• Experience in research administration and financial management in an
• Experience with use of an industry-specific program for project or milestone tracking.
• Demonstrated experience and understanding of financial practices in a highly regulated environment.
Required Licenses/ Certifications Anticipated Hiring Range $45,000 - $60,000 Application Process/Additional Information Campus MCV Campus Hours/Week 40 Normal Work Days/Hours M-F Job Open Date 04/13/2021 Posting will close on or before Open Until Filled Yes Job Category Accounting/ Management/ Professional Is this a restricted position? No Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work arrangements? Yes Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/105058 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Research Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Financial Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond