Student Employment Coordinator
About SUNY Oneonta:
SUNY Oneonta is a public college in Central New York, enrolling about 6,500 students in bachelor's, master's and graduate certificate programs. Most of SUNY Oneonta's main campus lies within the City of Oneonta, which is located in the northern foothills of the Catskill Mountains, about a four-hour drive from New York City, Boston and Philadelphia. With a population just shy of 14,000, the City of Oneonta is the largest municipality in a rural region dominated by agriculture and tourism.
Known as an exemplary residential campus that values inclusion, service and sustainability, SUNY Oneonta is a nurturing community where students grow intellectually, thrive socially and live purposefully. Employees give SUNY Oneonta high marks for work/life balance and culture. The college's indeed.com and glassdoor.com ratings are 4.5 and 4.1, respectively.
Beyond campus, many residents enjoy the natural beauty of the Catskills. Outdoor activities such as hiking, biking and running are among the most popular. Several ski areas nearby typically operate for seasons lasting over 100 days beginning in late November or early December. During the summer, boating, swimming and other water sports are popular on lakes throughout the region.
The Office of Employee Services at the State University of New York College at Oneonta invites applications for the position of Student Employment Coordinator. The Student Employment program offers on and off campus employment experiences, learning opportunities, and wages to approximately 800 temporary student employees and 200 Federal Work Study recipients. The Student Employment Coordinator leads the temporary student employment initiative and works closely with Financial Aid to ensure compliance for all Federal Work Study employment. The Coordinator's main responsibilities include working with departmental chairs and directors to identify student employment roles, developing position descriptions and posting openings via Handshake, training both supervisors and student employees regarding employment guidelines and work hour entry, conducting interviews, completing hiring paperwork and coordinating employment rosters with Human Resources/Payroll. The Coordinator will also be responsible for onboarding new student employees including handling I-9 requirements, managing the student employment budget, developing effective methods and informative material for sustained communication with student employees, and ensuring adherence to applicable federal, state, SUNY and College policies and laws. This role may also support training and professional development or other initiatives offered by the Employee Services unit. Occasional local or regional travel may be required.
- bachelor's degree
- demonstrated proficiency with information and data management systems
- experience monitoring and managing budgets
- excellent written communication skills
- strong presentation skills
- a well-developed customer service orientation
- ability to work nights and weekends as needed
- project management skills
- strong Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills
- excellent interviewer skills
- knowledge of related state and federal employment laws
- working knowledge of social media and other communication platforms
- strict confidentiality and ability to sensitively and effectively address difficult situations
- experience working with and serving diverse populations
- supervisory experience and/or leadership role working with students
- training development experience
- event coordination
- experience with Handshake
For other employment and regional opportunities, please visit our website at: https://suny.oneonta.edu/employment
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com .
SUNY Oneonta values a diverse college community. Please visit our website on diversity at: https://suny.oneonta.edu/diversity . Moreover, the College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
To apply online go to: http://oneonta.interviewexchange.com/candapply.jsp?JOBID=129971 Please upload a resume and letter of interest. Contact information for three professional references is required.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Oneonta
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Oneonta
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in Oneonta
- Community Relations & Institutional Outreach Not specified Full Time jobs in Oneonta
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Oneonta