Director, Community Engagement (College of Medicine) - (STA007204)
Works directly with Associate Dean for Community Health to develop and maintain the relationship between the UH COM and the community for its Household-Centered Care courses and programs. Cultivates relationships with community stakeholders to inform our COMs community engagement efforts to identify families, leaders and organizations and their health needs. Collects and reviews data on health, policy trends, and other quality of life data to support programs, grants, research, and publications. Spends up to 50% time in the community meeting with community stakeholders.
- Directs, designs and implements evidenced-based programs, strategies, and solutions that address household and community needs by tracking, linking, and documenting emerging data from household visits and community-wide issues.
- Collaborates with community organizations for training the Household Centered Care Team Values-Based Care.
- Directs monitoring of special projects, grants, contracts, household interactions, referrals, and follow-up documentation. Coordinates all necessary training activities for the support staff.
- Serves as a member of an inter-professional team of health professions students (medicine, nursing, pharmacy, social work, etc.) providing household-centered-care to a family with complex health problems living in a community with major health disparities over their four years of medical school as part of this course.
- Serves as outreach liaison for the data analysis plan.
- Manages monthly reports to external entities regarding community health initiative strategies and outcomes.
- Collaborates with relevant grant-making agencies, government departments, officials and other partners.
- Manages and prepares research/study documents for Institutional Review Board (IRB) submission.
- Manages multi-method research efforts.
- Performs other duties as required.
Additional Posting Information
- Candidates with a Ph.D or related advanced degree will be eligible for a faculty appointment.
- Reports directly to the Associate Dean for Community Health.
- Works to build strategic plan (Community Impact Model) and implement partnerships with Community Working Groups
- Develops and maintains long term relationships with community and community members with health disparities to support the goal of improving health and health equity.
- Serve as internal resource to departments and programs for developing community engagement strategy.
- Directs monitoring of special projects, grants, contracts, household interactions, referrals, and follow-up documentation.
- Serves as key member of the Community Health team to build pathways for being a steward of resources and building partnerships across the College of Medicine and UH campus; examples include providing input and insight into the Interprofessional team, Household Centered Care and Healthy Connections to identify projects and serve as an expert to mentor and role model emerging student leaders, staff and faculty on community engagement and servant leadership.
Masters and 5 years experience
Requires application of advanced principles, techniques and theory in a professional discipline or a thorough general business management knowledge. Knowledge of this level is typically obtained through a directly job-related Master's degree or equivalent formal training in a recognized field of specialization that is directly related to the type of work being performed.
Requires a minimum of five (5) years of directly job-related experience.