Assistant Vice President of Diversity, Equity,
Assistant Vice President of Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
Department: Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Provide thoughtful leadership and guidance to imbed the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEl) for staff. Collaborate as a
member of a three-person (senior associate deans in student life and academics) leadership DEl team to lead the design, delivery,
implementation, and analysis initiatives that will keep antiracism and DEl efforts a priority at the college. The position coordinates
the diversity, inclusion, and equity strategy for staff programming, policies, and procedures. Works closely with departments across
campus to provide foundational diversity and inclusion principles and practices around diversity and inclusion, educating and
cultivating an environment that embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion.
• Master’s degree with a minimum of five years of experience leading DEl initiatives and programming designed to build
cultural competence on issues of race, ethnicity, class, gender, sexual identity, and religion.
• Experience utilizing institutional data to benchmark and promote accountability for the diversity mission.
• Evidence of outstanding verbal, written, and analytical skills.
• Demonstrated knowledge, skills, awareness of and commitment to contemporary issues of inclusion, social justice, diversity,
access, and equity, including the current research and pedagogical approaches that inform and address these issues.
• Highly self-motivated, exceptional time and project management skills, high level of productivity, critical thinking, and
• Demonstrated emotional intelligence and strong communication skills to present complex and emotionally charged material
in understandable and usable ways.
• Strong and effective presentation and diversity training skills with the ability to prepare, organize and present education
programs to individuals and groups.
• Strong skills in and working knowledge of problem-solving and mediation techniques.
• Keen communication skills, cultural awareness and sensitivity to interact, collaborate, establish rapport and maintain
productive working relationships with college leadership, departments, and all members of the college community.
• Demonstrated ability to exercise independent judgment in the development, implementation and evaluation of education
programs and initiatives which address the needs of diverse populations.
• Ability to communicate to a wide audience the importance of diversity, equity and inclusion.
• Ability to work independently and to work effectively as leader or member in teams, on taskforces, and committees.
• Ability to provide coaching and consultation to individuals and groups with respect to cultural challenges and conflicts.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion; inspire confidence, maintain credibility and positively represent
DEl leadership team. Ability to recommend appropriate interventions, make referrals and provide information regarding
college policies and procedures.
Doctoral degree, DEl andJor T&D certification(s), advanced training in diversity related fields. Experience developing and
delivering DEl training and experience in higher education a plus.
To apply, visit https://employment.coloradocollege.edu/postings/4820
Open Until Filled: Yes
Application Deadline (at 11:59 PM Mountain Time):
Colorado College is an equal opportunity employer committed to increasing the diversity of its community. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, gender identity or expression, disability, or sexual orientation in our educational programs and activities or our employment practices.