SENIOR HEALTHCARE APPLICATION ANALYST
SENIOR HEALTHCARE APPLICATION ANALYST
Posting Number: SRGV5000
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Edinburg, Texas
Department: School of Medicine / SOM Information Technology
Scope of Job:
Responsible for tier-3 Electronic Medical Record (EMR) support and use, EMR workflow optimization, EMR billing and coding efficiency, and advanced EMR application configurations. Investigates advanced application issues, among others, and recommends configuration changes for optimal performance.
Description of Duties:
• Oversees and provides functional and technical leadership in the activities surrounding multiple complex application including design, development, implementation, issue resolution and support.
• Resolves tier-3 clinical staff application issues through action plans, initiates and tracks problems/issues resolutions, and updates clinical staff on issue status; identifies process gaps and provides optimum solutions that will create sustained improvement in quality of service.
• Serves as a key onsite clinical IT resource for facility implementation and support of a broad set of clinical applications.
• Leads and facilitates the facility’s core clinical systems team on clinical IT activities.
• Works with enterprise subject matter experts and services resources and the enterprise staff in managing resolution of clinical application incidents and requests.
• Serves as project leader for facility-based implementations of clinical applications software releases and new products.
• Works with clinical staff and facility core team members to deliver hands-on training as needed.
• Collaborates with clinical management to resolve billing, collections, or denials issues and ensures necessary systems changes are in place.
• Performs quality audits and tracks metrics related to clinical application use.
• Responsible for the continuous optimization and evaluation of the EMR use; efficient EMR Revenue Cycle process; and the Training/Onboarding of clinical staff/providers.
• Participates in clinical staff facing knowledge sharing sessions.
• Using training principles and teaching skills, ensures the comprehensive needs of the healthcare staff and patients are met in a safe, caring and professional manner.
• Develops application support training objectives, executes and evaluates the effectiveness of training programs related to a specific department/clinic/program.
• Maintains constant communication and updates on projects status and any issues related to any of the initiatives being worked on.
• Participates as a member of clinical decision support.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
General supervision from assigned supervisor.
Direct supervision of assigned staff.
Bachelor’s degree in Healthcare, Healthcare Administration/Management or related field from an accredited university.
Four (4) years’ experience with applications support/configuration; clinical workflows; and record of accomplishment in providing excellent support to clinical staff.
Experience obtained in a clinical environment or hospital setting.
Use of standard office equipment. EMR application system.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Office Environment; some travel and weekend work is required. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
• Demonstrated ability to lead others in difficult situations especially in clinical environment.
• Experience working in diverse work force/environments at all levels of healthcare.
• Ability to handle multiple priorities.
• Experience in leading others in a clinical team environment.
• Experience in clinical software training and optimization.
• Exceptional planning and organizational skills.
• Knowledge of electronic health records and healthcare workflows.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 05/03/2021
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the civil rights act of 1964, the title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures non discrimination in it’s education programs and activities, including employment.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
*Social Security Number
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (956)665-8880 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/28004