Purchasing and Warehouse Clerk
University of La Verne
Purchasing and Warehouse Clerk
Job Description Summary:
The University of La Verne is a private not-for-profit university founded in 1891 located in La Verne, California. The core values that we live by are Ethical Reasoning, Diversity and Inclusivity, Lifelong Learning and Community and Civic Engagement.
If you're passionate about these values, join us at the University of La Verne!
Reporting to the Director of Purchasing, Procurement, and Receiving, the Purchasing and Warehouse Clerk is responsible for ordering, receiving and delivering items purchased by the University.
- Prepares, processes and expedites purchase orders, prepares A/P information packets.
- Checks-in and receives packages.
- Performs internal customer service - assists departments with various requests- including, but not limited to: merchandise selection, order follow-up, expedites, delivery verification, returns, training, entry contract repository, etc.
- Delivers and picks-up packages and shred to and from the community.
- Warehouse housekeeping- Organize packages, sweep and clean warehouse area.
- Backs-up and/or backfills for Purchasing Lead. This function requires a working knowledge of purchasing and procurement policies and procedures.
- Maintains inventory of stored documents and supplies- pull expired documents for shred.
- Perform miscellaneous tasks as assigned.
- Diploma/ GED
- Valid California Driver’s license with a good driving record.
- 1 year of experience in purchasing field or other related fields such as buying and/or customer service.
- 1 year of experience in general warehouse, receiving, and or delivery setting.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and internet usage.
- Customer Experience
- Experience with Banner.
- Experience operating a golf cart.
- Forklift experience.
Location: La Verne Central Campus
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: http://laverne.edu
Located in Southern California, the University of La Verne offers a distinctive and relevant educational experience to a diverse population of students, preparing them for successful careers and a commitment to lifelong learning across the liberal arts and professional programs. The academic units of the not-for-profit university include the College of Arts and Sciences, the College of Business and Public Management, the LaFetra College of Education, and the College of Law. The university offers both undergraduate and graduate programs, including degree programs tailored for working adults. The university's central campus is located 30 miles east of Los Angeles in the historic Old Town section of La Verne, a city with a population of approximately 35,000 at the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains. The university also has eight regional campuses throughout California and the College of Law campus in Ontario, California. The university is classified as a Carnegie Doctoral Institution with moderate research activity. Core values are reflected throughout all curricular and co-curricular programs, its emphasis on close professor-student interaction, personal support of its students, and its diversity.
The University of La Verne prides itself in being reflective of the diversity of Southern California. Approximately 80 percent of its nearly 8,500 students come from diverse backgrounds and the U.S. Department of Education has designated the university as a Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI). With 80,000 alumni, the university fulfills a critical community function in educating students from underserved populations, many of whom are the first generation in their family to attend college.
The University of La Verne is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employment or employees on any basis prohibited by state and federal law. University of La Verne hires and promotes individuals based on their qualifications and is consistent with applicable state and federal laws, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, disability, medical condition a or sexual orientation