Associate Dean for Community Life
Wesley Theological Seminary invites applications and nominations for the position of Associate Dean for Community Life.
The Associate Dean for Community Life’s general responsibilities include administration and development of community life, implementation of programs that prepare students for ministry, liaison between students and faculty, address students needs and concerns, and crisis management. The Associate Dean administers the Community Life office and supervises the student services staff who are direct reports. This team is comprised of the Program Administrator and Executive Assistant for Community Life, Director of the Writing Center, Residential Life, Food Services, Program Coordinator for Student Care, and other staff that provide student services. Other responsibilities are as follows:
- Work with the Admissions Office to help students transition into the community—including new student orientation and coordination of an early warning system.
- Work with the Registrar to coordinate Advising Week, retention, and monitor student academic progress.
- Work with the Dean to administer the Seminary’s Grievance Policy as outlined in the Catalog.
- Plan and implement programs to help students meet the qualifications for ministry described in the Wesley Seminary Catalog.
- Oversee the policies in the Student Handbook.
- Promote community life for both residential and commuter students, which includes spiritual formation opportunities (i.e. chapel).
- Serve as advisor and support the Student Government, as well as other student associations.
- Serve on the following committees: Chapel & Community Life Committee, Administrative Council, Joint Planning, and the Master’s Committee.
The ideal candidate for the position will possess a minimum of a Master of Divinity degree, and a DMin degree is preferred. Ordination and an active participation in the life of the church is required, and extensive pastoral experience is preferred. In addition, candidates should have a demonstrated record of administrative experience, as well as an appreciation for diversity and cross-cultural competency. Teaching opportunities may be available for the candidate with the academic credentials and teaching competency. The Associate Dean for Community Life reports to the Dean.
Applications and nominations will be accepted until an Associate Dean for Community Life is selected, but to ensure optimal consideration, interested parties should submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and the names of three references by May 1, 2021. Please send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Wesley Theological Seminary is a graduate theological school of The United Methodist Church located in Washington, DC. Wesley is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. Wesley values diversity and inclusion within our students, faculty, and staff, and strive to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people. An offer of employment is contingent upon the establishment of identity and verification of employment eligibility as required by the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, as well as a background check and supporting references. To learn more about Wesley please visit our website: www.wesleyseminary.edu
Apply for Associate Dean for Community Life
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Competitive Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Academic Affairs Administrative Competitive Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Academic Administration Administrative Competitive Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Deans Administrative Competitive Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Student Affairs Administrative Competitive Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.