Nurse Aide Faculty, Part-Time (non-credit)
Community College of Philadelphia
Community College of Philadelphia is the largest public institution of higher education in the City. Since 1965, over 500,000 students have passed through our doors seeking associate's degrees, certificates, improved workplace skills and lifelong learning. Many of our degree students transfer to four-year institutions while others seek employment in the Philadelphia region. Over 90 percent of our graduates remain in the area and seek employment, strengthening our local economy and workforce. Local businesses look to us to provide workplace training to keep their workers skilled and their companies competitive.
Corporate Solutions provides credit and noncredit education to businesses, organizations, and individuals wishing to enhance their skillset and meet educational goals. We offer a comprehensive menu of high-quality continuing education and career-training programs brought to you by our expert faculty and staff. Corporate Solutions delivers programming through the following business lines: Continuing Education and Career Training, Contract Training, Corporate College, Small Business Training - Center for Small Business & Power Up Your Business, and Workforce Testing.
Corporate Solutions is seeking part-time Instructors to teach in the Nurse Aide Training Program.
• Plan, develop, and revise the educational curriculum for the Nurse Aide Training Program to meet federal state requirement.
• Teach approved nurse aide curriculum - classroom and clinic.
• Maintain and update all student competency and skills demonstration paperwork.
• Provide leadership in formulating goals and objectives of the Nurse Aide Training Program.
• Participate in annual on-site review process conducted by PDE.
• Demonstrate a sense of connection and responsibility for helping the College to achieve success through a commitment to its mission, vision, and values.
• Demonstrate appropriate use of existing technology to further learning for students. Incorporate instructional technology to support the learning process.
• Communicate effectively, share vision, focus on people, initiate positive change, value differences and foster collaboration. Work with and inspire others to achieve college, department, and individual success. Proactively identify/address problems.
• Establish an inclusive environment in the classroom. Demonstrate an understanding of, and sensitivity to, the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of the College's faculty, staff and students.
• Manage the learning environment with a student-centered focus. Implement diverse teaching and learning strategies that accommodate the learning styles of students.
• Strive for excellence in teaching, applying best practices in field of discipline, and modeling behaviors that encourage student success and retention. Recognize the unique needs, culture, and context of students and advocates for their learning and well-being.
• Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (BSN).
• Registered Nurse.
• Minimum 2 years' experience as a registered nurse, with at least one year in long-term care nursing.
• Candidates must also have the Pennsylvania Department of Education Nurse Aide Training and Competency Evaluation Program (NATCEP ) Teaching-the-Educator (TTE) certificate.
• Criminal History Record Information (CHRI) must be acceptable in accordance with P.L. 169 of 1997.
• Master's Degree.
• At least 1 year of experience as a NATCEP instructor.
Special Instructions to Applicants
• Interested persons should complete an online application.
• Cover letter of interest and resume REQUIRED.
• Names and contact information of 2 professional training or consulting references REQUIRED.
• Applicants must be legally eligible to work in the U.S.
• Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
• Employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of background checks in accordance with the Pennsylvania Child Protective Services Law.
Community College of Philadelphia is an affirmative action, equal opportunity and equal access employer. The College encourages applications from individuals from traditionally under-represented groups. AA/EOE.
Salary Grade or Rank
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree?
- * Are you a Registered nurse?
- * Do you have a minimum of 2 years experience as a registered
nurse, with at least one year in long-term care nursing?
- * Do you have a Pennsylvania Department of Education Nurse Aide
Training and Competency Evaluation Program (NATCEP)
Teaching-the-Educator (TTE) certificate?
- * Do you have at least 1 year of experience as a NATCEP
- * Do you have a Master's Degree?
- * How did you first learn about this employment opportunity?
- Community College of Philadelphia Website
- The Chronicle
- Job Fair
- HERC - Higher Education Recruitment Consortium
- CCP - Faculty Recruiting Event
- * If your answer to the above question is Other, please note
the source below. If this question does not apply to you, enter
(Open Ended Question)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Teaching Philosophy
- Writing Sample
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Letters of Recommendation
- Other Document ( See Special Instructions to Applicant)