DEAN OF CAREER AND TECHNICAL PROGRAMS
MOTLOW STATE COMMUNITY COLLEGE
is accepting applications for the following position:
DEAN OF CAREER AND TECHNICAL PROGRAMS
Position number: B99696
Motlow State is the fastest growing college in Tennessee. We are located in the beautiful rolling hills of middle Tennessee and have four campuses that serve students from eleven counties. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes an excellent retirement package from the state of Tennessee, 401K plan with match, thirteen paid annual holidays in addition to annual and sick leave days, health and dental insurance, tuition discounts, and state employee discounts. Motlow positions are contingent upon funding availability and budget approval.
- Master’s degree in area associated with Career and Technical Programs.
- Three years academic administrative experience or five years industry experience.
- Two years of post-secondary teaching experience.
The Dean of the Department of Career and Technical Programs will provide leadership for all credit career and technical programs at Motlow State Community College. The Dean is responsible for maintaining accreditation for all programs and providing support for SACSCOC institutional accreditation. This position reports to the Chief Academic Officer.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
(Duties and responsibilities listed are examples of work performed and may be modified as needs of the College may dictate.)
- Provide measurable improvements in the performance of students in credit programs on the Quality Assurance and Performance Funding metrics established by TBR.
- Supervise and provide performance evaluations for faculty and staff in the Career and Technical Programs department.
- Oversee budgets; curriculum review, revision, and development; course scheduling; identification of resources; and course/program evaluation for all programs in the department.
- Maintain and enforce college and department policies and procedures.
- Recruit the employment of full-time/part-time faculty and ensure that credentials comply with licensing and accreditation requirements.
- Support the use of emerging and mobile technologies for classroom instruction.
- Ensure compliance with state mandated performance measures and utilize data for program improvement.
- Conduct research on a minimum of two new credit programs a year.
- Develop a plan to assess and use prior learning experience for students in career and technical programs.
- Work with college officials to develop procedures for non-credit to credit programs.
- Develop partnerships with business and industry leaders including at least one meeting per year with industry leaders in every program.
- Assist in the recruitment of students for career and technical programs.
- Conduct long range planning to meet the goals of the MSCC strategic plan and TBR initiatives.
- Seek grant funding sources related to programs in the department.
- Assist students and faculty with the resolution of concerns and complaints.
- Attend regional, state, and national meetings to maintain professional growth and represent the college.
- Serve on college committees and the academic leadership group.
- Other responsibilities assigned by the Chief Academic Officer.
Human Resources Office, Dept. 200
Motlow State Community College
Telephone (931) 393-1592, TDD (931 393-1621)
Motlow College is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Sections 504/ADA Employer
Motlow State Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity or national origin, sex, disability, age status as a protected veteran or any other class protected by Federal or State laws and regulations and by Tennessee Board of Regents policies with respect to employment, programs, and activities.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative $70,000 - $89,999 Full Time jobs in Smyrna
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative $70,000 - $89,999 Full Time jobs in Smyrna
- Technology Administration/Other Administrative $70,000 - $89,999 Full Time jobs in Smyrna
- Student Affairs Administrative $70,000 - $89,999 Full Time jobs in Smyrna
- Career Services Administrative $70,000 - $89,999 Full Time jobs in Smyrna