The Mass Spectrometry Proteomics Core (MSPC) at Baylor College of Medicine is offering a Staff Scientist position to a motivated and skillful professional with expertise in proteomics technologies. The Staff Scientist will perform biochemistry and proteomics experiments, oversee daily operations of high-end Orbitrap mass spectrometers, actively participate in development and adaptation of new protocols and technologies, and communicate project progress with the customers.
- Operates, maintains, and troubleshoots performance of hybrid and tribrid Orbitrap mass spectrometers.
- Performs core service experiments requiring biochemistry, molecular biology, and proteomics expertise.
- Organizes project data and participate in data analysis. Review and evaluate literature independently to survey the field for emerging techniques of interest.
- Develops and adapt new methods and protocols to address the needs in customer research.
- Trains junior core personnel in new protocols and technologies.
- Assists with other communal laboratory duties as needed.
- Doctoral Degree. Experience may not be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Three years of post doctoral research experience.
- Five years of experience as a Postdoctoral Fellow, Research Associate, or Research Scientist.
- Experience in the mass spectrometry proteomics field, demonstrating proficiency in biochemistry approaches, protein sample processing, operation of Orbitrap mass spectrometers, and familiarity with proteomics data processing software (e.g., Xcalibur, Mascot, Proteome Discoverer, Skyline).
- Ability to demonstrate excellent communication skills.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
CA; CH; PD
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston