Instructor - Physician Assistant
The Department of Otolaryngology is seeking a qualified Advanced Practice Practitioner to provide quality care.
Provides advanced patient care to patients in a clinical setting in an area of specialization under the direction of a physician.
- Obtain detailed history and perform physical examinations.
- Perform, order, and interpret diagnostic procedures in accordance with relevant health concerns of the patient.
- Prescribes appropriate pharmacological and non-pharmacological treatments.
- Maintain records and write orders and progress notes in patient charts as to status, treatments, and procedures.
- Monitors and ensures accuracy of recording on patient medical records.
- Provide follow-up health maintenance care to patients in accordance with protocols established with the supervising physician.
- Communicate with physicians, patients, and the family members of patients concerning patient care.
- Collaborates with providers, and practice staff in identifying appropriate patients for care management.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
- Education Required: Master’s degree in Physician Assistant Studies. NOTE: Bachelor's degree in Physician Assistant Studies accepted based on terminal degree requirements at time of graduation.
- Experience Required: None required.
- Certification/Licenses/Registration: Current license as a Physician Assistant by the State of Texas Physician Assistant Board. Specialty certification as required by department. Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.