The Accountant II within the Grants and Contracts Accounting (GCA) department supports the day to day account reconciliations, billing, financial analysis, journal entries, invoicing, and reporting of external and internal sponsor accounts. This role will provide administrative and regulatory guidance to the Baylor College of Medicine faculty, administrators, and staff on the uses and reporting requirements from federal, state and private awarding agencies including, but not limited to the National Institute of Science (NIH), and the Cancer Prevention Research Institute of Texas (CPRIT).
- Work with Principal Investigators (PIs), administrators, other department managers and coordinator to ensure post award compliance to all federal, state, and private sponsors.
- Perform monthly, quarterly, and annual close activities including preparation of journal entries, review/analysis of financial results, and reconciliation of accounts.
- Complete and review Journal Entries as needed.
- Maintain financial reporting schedules and ensure the timely reporting of all financial information.
- Prepare, review and enter budget, revenue, expense, payroll entries, invoices, and other accounting transactions.
- Prepare accounting entries for proration of indirect costs, letters of credit, salary re-allocations, loan transactions.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or a related field.
- Two years of relevant experience.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Accounting & Finance Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston