Provost and Vice President of Academic Affairs
Qualifications: Doctorate, Administrative Experience
General Description: Serves as the chief academic officer of Oakland City University and is responsible for its academic programs (undergraduate and graduate). The Provost and Vice President of Academic Affairs provides leadership to the faculty in the teaching, research, and university service functions. The Provost and Vice President of Academic Affairs reports to the President, is a member of The President’s Cabinet, and an ex-officio member of faculty committees.
- Establish academic goals and develop plans and policies for their achievement, with appropriate faculty participation.
- Implement and interpret academic policy and programs for our Main campus, Non-Traditional, and Contract Educational enterprises.
- Lead and direct curriculum improvement and assessment.
- Oversee academic personnel matters, including the annual evaluations of faculty and Deans of the respective schools, the hiring of new faculty, promotions, retention, tenure, and recurrent informal personnel matters.
- Allocate resources, including budget preparation and control with the input of schools to achieve program goals. Work with Deans to ensure up-to-date technological infrastructure for academic delivery.
- Administer the Office of Academic Affairs, including review and approval each semester of program schedules, faculty load, etc.
- Work with library personnel to review the strategic development of library services to maintain the most up-to-date delivery of services.
- Oversees processes relating to the accreditation of University programs.
- Certify graduates for certificates and degrees.
- Serves as liaison with accrediting agencies.
- Complete any other assigned duties by the President or the Board of Trustees.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and a list of at least three references electronically to email@example.com or resume and supporting materials can also be submitted by mail to Oakland City University C/O Human Resources 138 N. Lucretia Street Oakland City, IN 47660.
Deadline to apply: 05/20/2021
Review of applications will begin immediately and will be held in confidence.
Oakland City University is a Christian university which offers high quality, career-focused degree programs in a Christ-centered, campus secure environment. Our Christ-centered values and relationships create a supportive environment which encourages students to live a life of Christian service in their chosen careers. Our talented faculty equip our students with the knowledge and expertise they need to lead healthy, productive lives and successful, fulfilling careers. Founded by the General Association of General Baptists in 1885, U.S. News and World Report has recognized Oakland City University as one of the top universities in the Midwest and #2 in the Midwest for Social Mobility.
Oakland City University is committed to the achievement of equal opportunity within OCU. In this regard, OCU will recruit, hire, promote, educate, and provide services to persons based upon their individual qualifications. OCU prohibits discrimination based on arbitrary considerations of characteristics such as age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, marital status, national origin, race, or veteran status.