Coordinator, Workforce Development
Coordinator, Workforce Development
Mohawk Valley Community College provides accessible, high-quality educational opportunities to meet the diverse needs of our students. We are the community’s college, committed to student success through partnerships, transfer and career pathways, and personal enrichment. We are seeking an energetic and ambitious individual to join our team as the Coordinator, Workforce Development.
MVCC is looking for exceptional colleagues. We seek candidates with an understanding of the college mission and comprehensive community college experience, a focus on student success in a learner-centered environment, and a willingness to use technology to support learning in the academic setting. The Coordinator is responsible for working with local agencies and employers on workforce initiatives. The coordinator will create classes, recruit for classes and potentially assist students in finding funding for classes. The position requires on campus obligations and local travel.
Mohawk Valley Community College is committed to transforming lives through learning, and as you help students secure the financial resources to pursue their dreams, you will be critical to the College mission and the student experience.
The Coordinator, Workforce Development is responsible for meeting regional workforce development needs by coordinating the development and delivery of educational programs.
- Works closely with community constituencies and representatives of business, industry and non-profit organizations to identify and prioritize educational needs;
- Serves as liaison with the tri-county Working Solutions Offices;
- Serves as project developer and manager for lectures, symposia,
and cultural events sponsored by CCED;
- Recruit qualified individuals to provide high-quality training. Track course progress and support success;
- Works closely with Academic Deans, faculty and staff to facilitate cooperation, participation, and effective communication in the interest of meeting common goals and objectives;
- Collaborates on projects pertaining to workforce development and community growth;
- Assesses various aspects of workforce development programs and make adjustments to ensure continuous improvement;
- Identifies and responds productively to emerging opportunities;
- Tracks statistics, maintain databases and generate relevant reports;
- Submits an annual statement of objectives, including a business plan;
- Supervises classified staff and collaborates with internal and external colleagues as appropriate; and
- Performs other appropriate duties assigned by the Director of Community and Workforce Development.
Bachelor’s degree in business administration or appropriate field required. Demonstrated success in training-program development and implementation, effective interpersonal, organizational and communication skills are required. Proven ability to integrate technology into training, required. Master’s degree preferred. Experience working in both education and private industry preferred. Experience with administering and writing grant programs.
Special Instructions to Applicants: Official academic transcripts required upon hire.
Review Start Date: 4/26/2021
Mohawk Valley Community College is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer deeply committed to a community of excellence, equity, and diversity. MVCC maintains an inclusive learning environment in which students, faculty, administrators, staff, curriculum, social activities, governance, and all other aspects of campus life reflect a diverse, multi-cultural, and global worldview. We value the many similarities and differences among individuals and groups. We are committed to preparing students to understand, live among, appreciate, and work in a world made up of people with different ethnic and racial backgrounds, military backgrounds, religious beliefs, socio-economic status, cultural traditions, different abilities, sexual orientations and gender identities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status or on the basis of disability.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Utica
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Utica
- Adult & Continuing Education Programs Not specified Full Time jobs in Utica
- Curriculum & Instructional Development Not specified Full Time jobs in Utica
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Utica