Camp Middlesex Assistant
- SALARY: $12.00/per hour
OPENING DATE: 3/31/2021
CLOSING DATE: 5/31/2021 11:59 PM
UNIT: Unaffiliated (Part-time, seasonal)
DEPARTMENT: Continuing Education
REPORTS TO: Assistant Director Lifelong Learning, Camp Director
The position assists the Camp Director in an 8-week, fast-paced summer college camp program for children entering grades 2–8.
- Assists instructor with activities, supervising play and lunch, movement of campers especially during drop off and dismissal.
- Motivates children to participate in age-appropriate activities.
- Ensures campers follow policies and procedures.
- Communicates with direct supervisor and program director regarding potential hazards, concerns, or incidents that may need follow-up.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience working with and supervising children
- Ability to communicate and work with a variety of age and skill levels
- Friendly and caring personality along with the energy and
stamina needed to work with kids
- Experience caring for and supervising children
- Education, Psych and Social work majors
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to make independent decisions
- Strong proactive problem-solving skills
- Capacity to handle diverse responsibilities and multi-task
- Ability to deal positively with a diverse population
SCHEDULE: June 28, 2021 to August 20, 2021 (No camp on July 5)
Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.