SENIOR RESEARCH ANALYST
This position will assist the Vice President of Marketing and Enrollment Strategy (VP of MES) and the Director of the Office of Analytics and Institutional Research (AIR), in collaboration with members of the college community and external partners, in transforming a broad array of institutional data into strategic, actionable information through the use of the most appropriate research methods and analytics. The Senior Research Analyst will develop analytics and statistical models for strategic planning and projection involving admission and enrollment targets; predicting prospective student behavior, college enrollment, student retention and graduation, and alumni engagement; planning financial aid expenditure and net tuition revenue; and marketing analytics. They will respond to requests for information from external organizations, state and federal agencies, and data exchange organizations, as well as conduct and serve as a resource for survey research.
This position reports to the Director of the Office of Analytics and Institutional Research. This position may supervise and provide day-to-day direction and guidance to student research analysts; however, supervision is not a focus of this position.
- Serve as a collaborative team member within the Office of Analytics and Institutional Research and the Marketing and Enrollment Strategy unit, with other Ithaca College constituencies, and with college consultants and other external entities with which the college works and shares information.
- With the guidance of the VP of MES and the Director of AIR, gather and transform institutional data into strategic, actionable information. Prepare, disseminate, and present this information to a wide range of campus constituencies, including students, staff, faculty, college leadership, alumni, and trustees.
- Develop and maintain the highest level of expertise and in-depth knowledge of the structure, definition, and use of data elements in the college’s databases. Develop and maintain mastery of data science and other analytical tools, including software used for relational database query, data management, statistical analysis and modeling, data visualization, and survey research.
- Construct and implement analytics and statistical models for strategic planning and projection. This includes, but is not limited to, establishing admission and enrollment targets; predicting prospective student behavior, college enrollment, student retention and graduation, and alumni engagement; planning financial aid expenditure and net tuition revenue; and marketing analytics.
- Coordinate, complete, and keep detailed records of requests for information from external organizations, state and federal agencies, and data exchange organizations. Recommend and implement methods for improving data collection, verification, and reporting.
- Conduct survey research related to all stages of the student life cycle, as well as other populations. Serve as a consultant to students, faculty, and staff conducting survey research at the college.
- Attend professional seminars and conferences and represent the Office of Analytics and Institutional Research and the Marketing and Enrollment Strategy unit on committees and in meetings as appropriate and approved.
- Other duties as assigned.
Master’s degree in a relevant field and a minimum of 2 years related professional experience working in a complex data-rich environment or the equivalent combination of education and experience; demonstrated background, ability, and experience in data management and analysis, data visualization, and interpretation; proven ability to develop and implement predictive models and succinctly communicate prediction outcomes to users; knowledge of statistical packages (e.g., SPSS, R, SAS) and SQL; demonstrated experience with survey research; and excellent organizational, analytical, written, and verbal communication skills are required. Knowledge of Python standard data science libraries (Pandas, Scipy, TensorFlow, etc.) is an asset. Candidates with a passion for analyzing data and explaining them to others are preferred. Teaching skills are highly valued, as is the ability to work both collaboratively and independently.
Most of the work of the incumbent is carried out within a generally accessible, safe, indoor environment. The incumbent will be required to operate a personal computer and associated equipment such as a computer printer as well as other office equipment used in the day-to-day operations.
To apply, please submit cover letter, resume and list of three professional references.
Visa sponsorship is not provided for this position.
Ithaca College is committed to building a diverse academic community and encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply. Experience that contributes to the diversity of the college is appreciated.