4800 Preston Park Blvd,, Courtyard Campus
Plano, Texas, 75093
We are searching for an experienced Grants Assistant .
**This position is 100% responsible to a grant. Therefore, the continuation of the position is subject to continued external funding.**
Maintain a database of grant companies and training, including student and course information for grant reporting and provide administrative support within the department/division.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain database of grant companies and training, including student and course information for grant reporting.
- Prepare and review training authorization/vouchers for courses and individuals.
- Duplicate training materials and assist in the ordering of books through the college bookstore.
- Admit and register students into Collin College credit and continuing education courses.
- Perform administrative/clerical duties to include filing, data entry, word processing, typing letters, reports, and memoranda, proofreading all work to ensure accuracy.
- Building courses in Schedule Builder and Banner systems.
- Review journal entries (Business Office) and reconcile with vouchers and Summary of Expenditures. Report discrepancies to Business Office and grant coordinator.
- Contract students on individual vouchers to verify enrollment and clarify book receipt procedures.
- Verify attendance per Official Class Rolls, enter data into database (completer, non-completer) and prepare quarterly reports on attendance.
- May review applications and eligibility documentation for participants in workforce grants.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties to maintain all standards in accordance with College policies, procedures and Core Values.
Associate degree from a regionally accredited institution and two (2) years of related experience OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Intermediate Microsoft Office knowledge
- Knowledge of department/division systems
- Knowledge of department/division specific equipment and supplies
- Good organizational skills
- Excellent proofreading skills
- Creativity and flexibility
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills
- Collaboration skills
- Customer Service skills
- Problem solving skills
- Conflict management skills
- Ability to interact with staff, Board, donors, students, faculty, vendors, and/or Department Chairs
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to be self-motivated and meet deadlines under pressure
- Ability to operate, understand, and prepare reports using department-specific software and systems
- Ability to maintain department information accurately
- Ability to pay close attention to detail
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to effectively utilize advanced computer software applications and peripherals
- Ability to plan and execute various aspects of program
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Sedentary Work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, a negligible amount of force frequently, and/or constantly having to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met. Positions in this class typically require talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions. Relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards. Office environment. Little physical effort required.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore, candidates will be subject to a criminal background check. ***
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
Employment Type: Full-time Staff
Compensation Type: Annual
Compensation Range: $34,309.00 - 39,455.00
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or email@example.com .
Collin College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Adult & Continuing Education Programs Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney