Assistant Scientist - Department of Neurosurgery - Preston A. Wells Brain Tumor Therapy Program
The Department of Neurosurgery at the University of Florida is seeking applicants for an Assistant Scientist to join the faculty. The Assistant Scientist is responsible for participating in interdisciplinary translational research teams focused on brain tumor biology and therapeutic development. The candidate will participate in nationally recognized research programs within the Preston A. Wells Brain Tumor Therapy Program in the Department of Neurosurgery at the University of Florida. This position is non-tenure track.
The Assistant Scientist will be responsible for:
- Developing and publishing abstracts/publications for the dissemination of data.
- Presenting data at scientific meetings.
- Preparing figures and other elements important for grant submissions.
- Searching for and submitting grant proposals to fund the lab work.
- Managing/Mentoring students/postdocs in the labs.
- Oversee all projects in the lab. Carry out experiments that are critical to the mission of the lab
- Attending all lab meetings and collaborative meetings with other labs. Ensure regulatory compliance and approvals from regulatory agencies such as IACUC.
- Manage purchasing of products/animals.
M.D., Ph.D. or M.D./Ph.D
At least 3 years of postdoctoral training.
Familiar and facile with techniques in cell culture, animal surgery, immunofluorescence, flow cytometry, histology, PCR, Western blots, bioluminescent imaging, RNA extraction, RNA sequencing, immunotherapy, dendritic cell culture, collecting/interpreting data, statistics.
Applications should include a cover letter, curriculum vitae and a list of at least 3 professional references.
Final candidate will be required to provide official transcript to the hiring department upon hire. A transcript will not be considered “official” if a designation of “Issued to Student” is visible. Degrees earned from an education institution outside of the United States are required to be evaluated by a professional credentialing service provider approved by National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES), which can be found at http://www.naces.org/ .
The University of Florida is an equal opportunity institution dedicated to building a broadly diverse and inclusive faculty and staff.
The University of Florida is An Equal Employment Opportunity Institution. If an accommodation due to a disability is needed to apply for this position, please call 352/392-2477 or the Florida Relay System at 800/955-8771 (TDD). Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the US. Searches are conducted in accordance with Florida's Sunshine Law.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
The University of Florida is committed to non-discrimination with respect to race, creed, color, religion, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, national origin, political opinions or affiliations, genetic information and veteran status in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Gainesville
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Gainesville
- Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Gainesville
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Gainesville
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Gainesville